Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot T-Bass Standard

Manders Johnson

I have a Trace Elliot T-bass standard which has been sitting around for a while and would appreciate a new home. I'm looking for around £400, but would be most interested in a trade or part trade for a 5 string (i could be happy to add cash to the deal).

The T-Bass is a rather rare short run instrument made in collaboration with Status and i have never seen another standard model before. This is an incredibly versatile bass and has done me well for about 8 years. I've never had any problems with it and have used it for all styles of music.

More information can be found here:
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Trace+Elliot/T-Bass+4/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...t/T-Bass+4/10/1[/url]

There is strap/belt wear and some thumb wear above the front pick up, along with a few scratches around the edges, but apart form these superficial blemishes the bass in is good shape, especially considering that it has been well gigged.

When I bought it about 8 years ago i paid £650 and this was second hand (although it was previously owned by a guitarist and had quite clearly not been touched!)

Reason for trade/sale is that my latest job requires a 5 string, so i got a Spector NS-5XL, which is amazing and the T-bass is not ideal back-up due to it only having 4 strings.

It comes with a Trace Elliot hard case.

I am a touring musician so will be in many parts of the country in the next few months so should be able to meet in most areas.

This was my first "good bass" so I will be sad to see it go, but it deserves to be taken out of it's case more than once a month!

I've just put on some new super thin gauge galli strings, which i can leave on or replace with new standard gauge gallis.

Any offers please PM me to discuss.

Edited by Nick Laughlin

• 3 weeks later...

Never seen one with that pickup configuration before. Nice bass!

Edit - Doh, that's the hum cancelling pickup that's normally hidden by the scratchplate. Silly me!

Edited by Wil

If I recall correctly most T-basses have that pickup combination, but the extra pickup is a dummy coil for hum cancelling (usually hidden by the pickguard)... as usual I could be wrong... it happened once... I think it was a Tuesday...

Edit: Damn - just beaten to it!

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Nick Laughlin' post='247658' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:07 AM']is there really no interest in this bass? I'd quite like to get rid of it![/quote]

IMHO I'd put a price on it so that people have an idea of what you want for it; I for one am not keen on blind offers and prefer to have an idea of what someone wants :)

[quote name='Nick Laughlin' post='247658' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:07 AM']is there really no interest in this bass? I'd quite like to get rid of it![/quote]

I'd love it but I have no money and the good lady would kill me!!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='247663' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:13 AM']IMHO I'd put a price on it so that people have an idea of what you want for it; I for one am not keen on blind offers and prefer to have an idea of what someone wants :)[/quote]

Aye, plus the one :huh:

Cheers for the advice there,
to be honest I'm not sure about how much these are worth as there were a few editions.

Having a real job tracing the serial number.

Off to do a bit of research and then I'll put up a price, although i would still rather trade for a 5 string.

Thanks guys

[quote name='Nick Laughlin' post='247702' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:53 AM']Cheers for the advice there,
to be honest I'm not sure about how much these are worth as there were a few editions.

Having a real job tracing the serial number.

Off to do a bit of research and then I'll put up a price, although i would still rather trade for a 5 string.

Thanks guys[/quote]

I don't know a lot about the range but the bridge/finish etc. identifies it as the later non-limited range. I'm sure a quick ask in the appropriate section of the forum will get you a few answers.