Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB Incoming!

redbandit599

I don't often buy a new bass (I've had 5 in over 20 years) so am looking forward to taking delivery of a Yamaha BB1024x tomorrow.

Last bass I bought was my Sandberg (with the proceeds from selling my beloved motorbike, couldn't spend the money on anything sensible after all...) which is great and going nowhere! But I've recently got the GAS for a PJ for some classic passive thump and growl.

Reading various posts on here led me to the BB and I preferred a 424x to most of the Fenders which I also tried recently, so I'm hoping the 1024x will be even better and just what I fancy.

I think I've got a pretty good deal too, the shop is selling it as ex-demo, but it's still got the film on the scratchguard and they say it's just been hung in the shop with no marks. Surely that makes every shop bass ex-demo? Still, it's £250 less than most others I can find, so as long as it's all fine, I'm happy!

White Rumblehammer in the house!

Very pleased so far, excellent build quality and good tonal variety (including the p thump that I wanted.) The neck is a comfortable handful, not too thick as I've found some P's to be for me.

I think it looks cool too! (That'll change when I wear it...) Looking forward to trying it out properly with the band.

I got this for £520 (ex-demo from a shop), which I think is a steal :) .

Happy days!

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1389546160' post='2335328']
Inspired by this thread I just got my 414 out...its either because the weather has changed or because the new allen key I bought fits better but I got the damn thing working!! :D
[/quote]

And that alone is worth the entrance fee to Basschat. Excellent news. Have you managed to get a suitable neck relief? My 414 has a very sold feeling neck, and it's never gone out of kilter on me.

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1389555368' post='2335504']
And that alone is worth the entrance fee to Basschat. Excellent news. Have you managed to get a suitable neck relief? My 414 has a very sold feeling neck, and it's never gone out of kilter on me.
[/quote]

Yes, the neck seems fine now. I don't really know whats happened, whether the strings have settled in or the neck has adjusted to them/ the weather or what...but its at least playable now! :D

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

Here are my 414s. Fantastic value for money. One on the right is up for grabs on eBay at the moment

[URL=http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/markmojo1962/media/20140201_170736_zps93a24c78.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/markmojo1962/20140201_170736_zps93a24c78.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by MoJo