Why become a member? ×

In search of dirt

sk8

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1389468990' post='2334554']

Btw, I'd recommend a Darklighter/Knightfall and TK-421X combo like mine or TonyXTiger's. It is remarkably good!!!...
[/quote]

Thanks for that. Checked it out and cool as it looks not me I feel.

I believe we have nailed the spec and I'm just waiting for Tom to get back with some finite details.

Thanks for everyone's input :)

Anybody have any experience of both the b7k and thee cog knightfall, and has a preference of the two? I'm surprised so many people are saying lomenzo hyperdrive - admittedly I was considering ti after seeing the youtube vid where LoMenzo dials it in, but in that vid he uses it alongside an [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aphex Exciter and compressor pedal, so I wouldn't be able to get that sound. Besides, wile the hyperdrive applies the od to specific frequencies, the MP Blueberry can do that with the nature control and then a whole lot more.[/font][/color]

Okay the spec is finalised. It will basically be two Knightfalls in one box with LED, MOSFET, and silicon options for each plus internal trim posts on the gain so I can make one low gain (to use as a dirty boost etc) and one higher gain for more main stream duties. Each switched individually with the ability to stack.

Big thanks to Tom for his patience in sorting through the details. Can't wait :)

[quote name='tonyxtiger' timestamp='1389789396' post='2337866']
The brimstone audio unit is a belter but I'd go with cog effects. The distortion and rat combo I have from Tom is amazingly good. I'm taking a few pedals off my board now as I don't need them.
[/quote]

yeah i saw that too but in the discussions with Tom it became evident that I didn't want that type of distortion.

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1389789889' post='2337876']
the cog effects sounds great, but how does it stack up against the b7k?
[/quote]

I don't know but that was where i was heading but wanted to have something British! My pedal gives me more tonal options than the B7k