Why become a member? ×

SOLD please remove
£1400

Ian Davies

[b]ACG Recurve Classic 6 string for Sale[/b]

Up for sale is my hand made custom 6 string single cut ‘Recurve Classic’ ACG bass.

I’m sure a lot of you know Alan’s amazing work and this bass is a fine example of that, fantastic in every detail, playability and sound.

So why am I selling this great bass? Well, I seemed to have amassed quite a collection of basses recently and I really need to thin the heard, also I’m not sure I’m a 6 string player, which is a shame as this bass sounds amazing and for me it would of been great as a 5 string.

I can honestly say that I have played the bass only a handful of times and it’s never been out of the house, let alone a rehearsal or gig. So the bass is really in ‘perfect as new’ condition.

For Sale price is [s]£1400[/s], [s]£1300[/s] Final reduction in price to £1200 (sorry, no trades)

I’m happy to post if you pay the P&P or you can collect, the bass is in the Surrey/South London area.

This is a great chance to get hold a custom bass at a nicely reduced price and without the year long wait.

Thanks for looking :)

Here are the official pics...

[attachment=151259:IMG_7093.jpg]

[attachment=151254:IMG_7091.jpg]

[attachment=151256:IMG_7094.jpg]

[attachment=151258:IMG_7095.jpg]

[attachment=151255:IMG_7096.jpg]

[attachment=151257:IMG_7092.jpg]

Details:
Australian Myrtle top
Light weight Swamp Ash body
7 piece maple/wenge set neck
Mac Ebony fingerboard
33” scale
52 mm nut
17.5 mm string spacing at bridge
2 FB humbuckers built into the ramp
ACG EQ03 5/P - filter EQ, with passive tone control and active/passive
Hard case included

The bass is nice and light for a 6 string (about 4 1/2kg on my bathroom scales) and balances perfectly on a strap when standing and is ridiculously easy to play (again for a 6 string).

Can be seen on the ACG website here:
[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0134-recurve-classic-6/"]http://www.acguitars...urve-classic-6/[/url]

As I am currently doing a lot of travelling at the moment it may take a few days for me to answer any questions.

Edited by Ian Davies

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B string sounds great, no problem at all with 33" scale, the single cut design helps but it's also down to excellent craftsmanship and quality materials that make a great bass.
Not sure if I have a sound sample as I never recorded with the bass but I'll have a look.
Cheers
Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...