Why become a member? ×

Off Topic? Can I opt out?

Pinball

Hi, I enjoy checking in to this great forum regularly to see whats new. I do this by clicking on "View New Content". I instantly get all the bass related news like whats for sale, opinions and on technique, technical advances, which bands are hot, new members on the forum etc. I just wish on occasions that that I could make all the "Off Topic" threads disappear.

They are clearly popular and enjoyed by many and it has more posts and replies than any other section on BC but I log on because its a bass forum so could do without them. Can someone magic on opt out of the Off topic stuff please?

No harm in asking :)

Open 'view new content'. Look at the menu side bar at LHS. At the bottom there's 'Filter content'. Click on this. A menu will open, listing all the sub forums. Click on the subforums you like. Now save.

Your new content should henceforward be filtered to reflect your choices and all will be lovely. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1388412406' post='2321678']
Open 'view new content'. Look at the menu side bar at LHS. At the bottom there's 'Filter content'. Click on this. A menu will open, listing all the sub forums. Click on the subforums you like. Now save.

Your new content should henceforward be filtered to reflect your choices and all will be lovely. :)
[/quote]

Bosh! That's how you do it, thanks Skank :)

[/quote]
Sorted, thanks :)

• 1 year later...

[/quote]

You sir, are a bloody life-saver.

[/quote]

Ooh I never knew that. I wonder if GAS can be cured by filtering out the marketplace forums... :blink: