Why become a member? ×

An elusive beast is the Warwick singlecut 6-string...

Scott S

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure that it didn't appear to me in a dream, and my body temperature is 36.5 degrees C, so it couldn't have been an image induced by a febrile state. Tell me, the Warwick singlecut 6-string really does exist...doesn't it?

If indeed it does exist then where can I find one of these shy, woodland creatures, and how much cash will I have to con out of my lovely bank manager to become the proud father of one of these rather splendid musical coffee tables?

I'm damned if I can find one this side of Google Images. Help me, Basschat.co.uk, you are my only hope.

The Warwick Thumb SC 6 was reviewed in a recent issue of Bass Guitar Magazine (Issue 96 - October 2013).

Its price was a lofty £4749, and they suggest you contact Warwick.de directly to order one.

Here are links to the basses in question from the Warwick website;

http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Made-in-Germany--Warwick-Series--Thumb-SC--Thumb-SC-Broad-Neck--6-string--Pictures.html

http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Made-in-Germany--Warwick-Series--Thumb-SC--Thumb-SC--6-Saiten--Pictures.html

Edited by Shobaleader One

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1386627873' post='2302491']
Gulp...£4749? Blimey! I think that it can stay hidden in the woodland contemplating its' pending extinction. I'm off to the Sei website!

Cheers Shobaleader One.
[/quote]

And once you've done that check out ACG - get a lot of love on here and their Recurve could possibly be of interest.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1386629755' post='2302544']
And once you've done that check out ACG - get a lot of love on here and their Recurve could possibly be of interest.
[/quote]

+1!
If its just the singlecut aspect of the the Thumb Bass SC 6 string you like, I would definitely consider some UK based luthiers.
You can't go far wrong with ACG, I've got of them, 3 of them singlecuts and they're sublime :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1386669694' post='2302744']

+1!
If its just the singlecut aspect of the the Thumb Bass SC 6 string you like, I would definitely consider some UK based luthiers.
You can't go far wrong with ACG, I've got of them, 3 of them singlecuts and they're sublime :)

Eude
[/quote]

This Shuker is one of the few singlecuts I really like, looks stunning

[Img]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/scrange1.jpg" class="ipsImage" />