Why become a member? ×

shipping a bass to Spain,courier question

artisan

I recently used parcel2go (TNT) to ship a 610 cab to Poland. Had no problems whatsoever, driver turned up on time, and delivered on time, plus could track it online which was comforting. They were reasonably priced too.
I'd make sure you have a good quality hard case
And wrap that in bubble wrap
And cardboard. Make sure you take loads of photos of the item before hand, and as you are wrapping it as evidence in case something goes wrong. I nearly got burned shipping a bass that went missing.

I shipped a Squier to Greece once; I took it apart, wrapped it carefully and built a shipping case for it, from wood and hardboard. Heavy, but it did give peace of mind. I forgot to take photos though.

Also I shipped a guitar to Spain in April (acting for the buyer - Ebay seller wouldn't ship abroad). That was in a hard case. Buyer arranged insured UPS shipping via Interparcel. I bubblewrapped the guitar, put it in the hard case, layer of bubblewrap, put that in a guitar-sized cardboard shipping box, more bubblewrap, put the whole lot in a bass-sized shipping box, lots of tape with FRAGILE on it. I was very nervous, but all went well :)

I shipped a Rickenbacker 4003 to Spain with DPD. Most Dutch shippers had a length restriction and being a neck-through-body bass I couldn't remove the neck to make the package shorter. DPD were the only ones not having that problem, and still at a good price.