Why become a member? ×

FS: PJB Suitcase + 4B extension cab

Mikey D

[size=4][b]PJB Suitcase = 4B Extension Cab[/b][/size]
Suitcase:
SPEAKERS: 4 high-power, full-range dedicated 5" bass instrument loudspeakers in a computer-optimized, vented 8ohm enclosure
POWER: 200W / 8ohm - 300W / 4ohm (with 4B Extension Cabinet)
WEIGHT: 49 lb
DIMENSIONS: inch 16.5 x 13.75 x 17.5
INPUT: Active / Passive
FEATURES: Two individual channels, Compressor/limiter, 5-Band EQ, Headphone out, Balanced-line out, Pre-amp out, Extension-speaker out
AC VOLTAGE: 120-240 Volt
4B Cab:
POWER HANDLING: For use up to 300W
IMPEDANCE: 8 ohm
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 25Hz-15KHz
SENSITIVITY: 95 dB / watt
CONNECTIONS: Speakon connectors
WEIGHT: 39 lb / 18 kg
WxDxH: mm 420 x 350 x 445

[i]Website:[/i] [url="http://www.philjonesbass.com/"]Phil Jones Bass[/url]
[i]Condition:[/i] Great condition.
[i]RRP:[/i] Bass direct are doing an offer on this now for £1049 and Bass Centre for about £940.
[i]Old Price:[/i] [s]800[/s] [s]£780[/s] £760 [updated] (Buyer collects) (Speakon cable included)
[i]NEW PRICE:[/i] £700 for both (Will split as long as the combo has a buyer)
[i]Comments:[/i] Great little amp and cab setup, has been more than enough for me volume-wise, only once or twice needing more oopmf, but to be honest those gigs should have had a pa.

Now located in Milton Keynes. Edited by Mikey D

[quote name='Mikey D' post='228084' date='Jun 27 2008, 03:04 PM']

[size=4][b]PJB Suitcase = 4B Extension Cab[/b][/size]
Suitcase:
SPEAKERS: 4 high-power, full-range dedicated 5" bass instrument loudspeakers in a computer-optimized, vented 8ohm enclosure
POWER: 200W / 8ohm - 300W / 4ohm (with 4B Extension Cabinet)
WEIGHT: 49 lb
INPUT: Active / Passive
FEATURES: Two individual channels, Compressor/limiter, 5-Band EQ, Headphone out, Balanced-line out, Pre-amp out, Extension-speaker out
AC VOLTAGE: 120-240 Volt
4B Cab:
POWER HANDLING: For use up to 300W
IMPEDANCE: 8 ohm
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 25Hz-15KHz
SENSITIVITY: 95 dB / watt
CONNECTIONS: Speakon connectors
WEIGHT: 39 lb / 18 kg
WxDxH: mm 420 x 350 x 445

[i]Website:[/i] [url="http://www.philjonesbass.com/"]Phil Jones Bass[/url]
[i]Condition:[/i] Great condition.
[i]RRP:[/i] Bass direct are doing an offer on this now for £999.
[i]Price:[/i] £780 [updated] (Buyer collects) (Speakon cable included)
[i]Comments:[/i] Great little amp and cab setup, has been more than enough for me volume-wise, only once or twice needing more oopmf, but to be honest those gigs should have had a pa.[/quote]
Rhino had one of these set-ups at the Yorkshire Bass Bash on Sunday.
Incredible depth and punch for such tiny speakers!
[attachment=10244:Rhino.jpg]
(photo - yorks5stringer)

• 6 months later...

6 monthly bump!!

As it says above, for sale again as it has only been gigged once since I put the advert up and due to a move has been in storage so it exactly the same condition as when I listed it. Mint. Selling the rig to fund my 8 string purchase which due to the exchange rate changes since i originally wanted it that there is a lot more to pay!

£700. PM me or call 07914814348. I can only answer calls after 6pm, but if you text I can call back later.

Sorry, I'm talking something like this.

Just to clarify, I am looking to sell both the combo and cab together initially, but it there is no interest in both together, I will split, but want to see if people are interested in both first. Cheers.

[quote name='Mikey D' post='383171' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:48 PM']Sorry, I'm talking something like this.
[/quote]

That's a bit of a beast!

I get the bass/guitar combo idea, but why the fanned frets? Won't that make the guitar part much harder to play?

I should point out that I love fanned frets (I have a Dingwall Z2) but I don't really understand them on a guitar.

To answer the question about the fanned frets, to quote ralph novax:

Why Fanned-Fret®?

The "fanning" of the frets results from manipulating the scale length of the bass side of the neck relative to the treble side: the fret spacing is wider for the long scale and closer for the short scale.

Looking inside a grand piano, or at a harp, we see that the string lengths vary with the pitches of the strings. But fretted instruments are traditionally constructed to a single scale length, negating the benefits of scale length relative to pitch. Since there are relatively few strings on most stringed instruments, compromises are made and string gauges are manipulated for workable results. Players, accustomed to the compromises of single scale-length construction, are often pleasantly surprised by the richness and clarity of Fanned-Fret® instruments. When the fanned-fret concept is applied to the six-string guitar, the resulting instrument has a "focused" sound - clear, articulate and balanced. Some players say "more in tune" or "more accurate."

One of the real advantages of the Fanned-Fret® concept lies in its application to instruments like the seven-string guitar, eight-string guitar, five-string bass, six-string bass, baritone guitar, and mandolin. The range of tunings and number of strings force compromises that make these instruments poor performers or even impractical when constructed with the traditional single scale-length. The fanned-fret concept addresses those problems and makes these intruments playable and practical.

Why is Scale Length Important?

Scale Length influences both the tonal quality of the notes produced and the tension of the string at a paticular pitch. The tonal effects of scale length are crucial to the final tone of the instrument. Woods, hardware, and electronics act as "filters" to string tone. They do not produce tone of their own and only modify input from the vibrating string. If paticular harmonics are very strong, or altogether absent, those characteristics will be present in the final tone of the instrument.

It's great with double bass. I have used it with a double on many occasions. Also a guy from my college used it at a gig. Malcolm Creese (great great bassist) was supposedly there and was very impressed with the sound supposedly.

Let me know via pm or call me if you are interested. You are welcome to come and try it. Got some other interest this week.

• 3 months later...