Why become a member? ×

Devi Ever sells/hands over Devi Ever FX

Sibob

I've never really had any dealings with Devi, she seems to have produced some well loved pedals. It's apparently all over, largely due to her mis-management of the donations from her (ambitious?) FX console kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal/posts/683655

Who do we think has taken on Devi Ever FX?
I'm plumping for Dwarfcraft

Si

I would hazard a guess at the same since Benjamin has brought production rights to her pedals before now.

EDIT: Shame. I didn't know about the console idea. This is a reality with a lot of kickstarter ventures however, even when delivered its late and not to original spec.

Edited by Left Foot

I do like some of Devi's pedals, I own 3, and I almost backed the console, but really glad I didn't.

In her defense, even though its all a big massive balls up, at least she's come out and admitted in rather than dragging it out I guess.

I feel bad for her in some ways cos she is always taking a right slagging, which I can understand for things like this, but mainly it's over her personal life :(

It's things like this that remind you that kickstarter is really a big gamble sometimes!

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1386205280' post='2297315']
Without getting weird as I know nothing of devi ever until Fuzzrocious posted it on FB. Is she a he or was a he and is now a she.
[/quote]

He is a pre-op she :)

Si

I agree, it's much braver of someone to hold their hands up in the face of a mistake and admit it. Unfortunately in this case, simply due to the scope of the 'mis-management', I think it will be very difficult indeed to pay everyone back. This of course then continues to reflect badly on her despite her self-proclaimed good intentions.

I hope that everyone involved gets back what they deserve

Si

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1386270026' post='2298124']
Shame, I had a good experience dealing with her although the pedal was way too over the top for my playing style. Good of her to admit to making errors and to offer refunds out of her own pocket.
[/quote]

Good of her, but what choice did she have? She has over double the funds she requested and she hasn't been able to fulfil? I do wonder what the real story is behind this.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1386276454' post='2298244']

Good of her, but what choice did she have? She has over double the funds she requested and she hasn't been able to fulfil? I do wonder what the real story is behind this.
[/quote]

Unfortunately with things on kickstarter, she could just walk off and not give anyone anything, it's not a guarantee like actually buying an item.

As most people expected, Aen and the Dwarfcraft team are the ones who have taken the Devi brand on. Those folks who make Devi pedals on licence (like Mantic who make the Hyperion) seem to have lost that right in the hand over.

I have huge respect for Aen - he's a top dude and does killer work so I'm excited to see what he does for the brand!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1386711079' post='2303591']
As most people expected, Aen and the Dwarfcraft team are the ones who have taken the Devi brand on. Those folks who make Devi pedals on licence (like Mantic who make the Hyperion) seem to have lost that right in the hand over.

I have huge respect for Aen - he's a top dude and does killer work so I'm excited to see what he does for the brand!
[/quote]

Yeah I think a few people called it pretty much instantly.
I think he'll revoke all the Devi kits too, which is a shame, but hey, gotta consolidate the brand a little perhaps!

Si