Why become a member? ×

A New Ampeg

gsgbass

Thanks Gents. I'm glad I went with the PF-500 head over the 7Pro. A good friend is a guitar manger at a shop. He advised me to go with the PF-500 in place of the 7Pro. The 7Pro is having issues of cutting out. He has them being bought, and returned with the issue. The cab is awesome.

And of course he advised you there have never been any issues with the PF-500...

Edit- Make sure you get a bottle of replacement smoke, there is someone looking for some on another thread. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223947-pf500-died-yesterday/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223947-pf500-died-yesterday/[/url]

Edited by goingdownslow

I haven't heard of PF-500 issues. I did switch out the PF-500 for the Markbass Little Mark lll. I didn't like the sounds with the PF-500. Great for highs, and mids, but the lows were very limited. I compared my PF-500 to Little Mark lll. The LM lll destroyed the PF-500.
I don't think the PF-500 is that big of a popular head in my area.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pWgl17T.jpg[/IMG]

I had 2 PF-500s that failed within 6 months.
One would just cut out at random intervals and take a few minutes to come back on.
The other just tripped out and never came back.

Got a full refund and bought a second hand Ashdown JJ500.

I wouldn't trust another Ampeg PF range amp ever again...

My second hand PF 500 started cutting out at first proper gig once volume was half way up with tone flat. Now have a TC BH 500 and it's ( for me,anyway ) such a much better head, way better tone and never had the volume past 3, in a silly loud 5 piece hard rock band.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1386212009' post='2297332']
I haven't heard of PF-500 issues. I did switch out the PF-500 for the Markbass Little Mark lll. I didn't like the sounds with the PF-500. Great for highs, and mids, but the lows were very limited. I compared my PF-500 to Little Mark lll. The LM lll destroyed the PF-500.
I don't think the PF-500 is that big of a popular head in my area.

[/quote]

Think you made the right choice there, the PFs are nice amps but the Markbass amps seems to work in the same area but better, imo.

There's Lozz196.........
Hey Lozz, Yes, I don't regret doing a Little Mark lll head. I'm to the point of not trusting anything from Ampeg's heads, other than maybe an SVT tube head. If I do someday go for a tube amp, the Markbass TTE500 will be the amp head. The PF500 I had went back to the dealer's this morning. As nice as the Markbass 12's were, the HSVT-410HLF is a killer cab. It really worked out better going back to a Markbass head. I'm convinced the Markbass works for my taste.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1386336653' post='2298934']
I may need to revisit the cab, I'm looking for a new cab for my Ashdown LB30. Not too keen with the TC BC212, i want something more vintage tone like ashdown or ampeg.
[/quote]

I had a store credit that made the Heritage price easier to swallow, than the Classic. The HSVT-410HLF is $100. higher in price, than the Classic SVT-410HLF. Like said though, the lighter weight, and the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]US Eminence 10's were a real factor for the HSVT for me. Both Ampeg cabs [b]KICK.[/b] [/font][/color]