Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 6P for sale
£1000

Yamaha_TRB-6P

[b]Update 06 Nov 2014[/b]

[color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=7]SOLD SOLD SOLD[/size][/font][/color]

Hi basschat people. I am a non-bass playing new member (Just didn’t have the finger reach for this beast...) who has joined to sell this beautiful TRB-6P. I realise the fact that I’m not a bass player and more importantly the fact that I am a new member will (and should) make prospective buyers somewhat cautious. It would me. Accordingly, I am happy to provide potential buyers with full contact info; landline number, physical address etc. as well as inviting those near enough to personally view and play the instrument before buying. Personally I would want to see and hear a grands worth of bass before I bought it, although I realise that this will not be possible for everyone.

The sound - I probably can’t add much to what has already been said before about these superb basses, but even to my untrained ear, it is... liquid honey. Amazing!

Brief history - Or as much of it as I know. Bass has been in dry storage for last 13 years, until recently when I pulled it out to “have a go” - long story short, my fingers aren’t long enough! This fret board is... significant. Prior to that, it was part of a band management company’s inventory from around 1995 - 2000, where it was used for recording and gigs by american band Picasso Jones, formerly Groove Merchants. Prior to that I have no idea who owned the bass, but from the condition, I would say it was played quite a bit.

Age - Going by Yamaha’s somewhat arcane serial numbering system, I believe this is a 1989 production model and the bass guy at Guitar Amp & Keyboard Centre in Brighton agrees that is probably about right, having looked at it last week. I am happy to provide serial number to prospective buyers, but I’ll keep it off the boards to prevent scammers from using that info to do what they do. Perhaps I’m being overly paranoid, but there does seem to be a lot of that going on these days. Anyway, the serial number config is N,A,N,N,N,N,N (N=NUMERIC A=ALPHA), which according to Yamaha [url="http://www.yamaha.com/yamahaguitars/ElectricandBassGuitarSerialNumberSystems.pdf"]http://www.yamaha.co...mberSystems.pdf[/url] would be number system E4 1986 - 1989, where you can tell the exact day an instrument was made, but not the year! If someone can interpret that configuration better please let me know.

The bass - Single truss rod, 6 string Yamaha TRB-6P bass with honey colour body approximately 24 years old. Honey colour sound too...

Condition - Very good for its age and mileage. Has just had a re-string and set-up by Graham at Guitar Amp & Keyboard Centre, Brighton on 22 Nov 2013. Electrics all good according to bass guru at same. Small chips around edge of head - see pics. Also minor scratching around knobs and few a points on body. Brass hardware is rubbed down, as with most instruments that have been played a lot. However, there is some pitting on most of the brass as well. Neck is straight and fine. Fret board is in good shape, some string grooves on bottom frets. Pick-ups working fine, but there is some string wear under top string of top pick-up. Other than that check out the pics or ask for more info. Sounds beautiful.

The case - Well battered! It looks like original case and it has done its job well - protecting the bass within! Handle is gone. Plenty of road scars and the hardware lost its gleam a long long time ago. The interior of the case is in good shape though.

Unfortunately I can’t do any trades, I need the dosh to pay for my new wood burner!

I have a pic of receipts from GAK in Brighton, but I don’t want to furnish scammers with any more scamming materials by posting it here. I’m happy to email it to prospective buyers of course. Let me know if any basic info missing, I will try to oblige. Thanks for looking.

Price: £1,000

SHIPPING: I can pack and ship this item. Depending on where you are, we will work out a deal that works for both of us.

Edited by Yamaha_TRB-6P

There's a guy called Matthew keys on here wants one of these too.

I'm guessing it's actually older than 1989, with the single truss rod.

Mine has twin truss rods, and has the same type of serial number, so it's made in the same period, but will be later than yours.

Fantastic basses !

Edited by ambient

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...