Why become a member? ×

Big Rubber Feet

steviedee

Got round to buying some bigger rubber feet for my Streamliner so it can get over the handle of my barefaced midget. The feet are huge, however with big feet comes a big hole for a big screw. I imagine a washer will work at one end but is there any way I can fill the remainder hole? Maybe jam in the content of couple of boxes of matches?

Edited by steviedee

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1385400208' post='2287780']
I just put 2 pieces of foam either side of the handle which lifts the amp up and also protects it from vibration.
[/quote]

I've got a couple of bits wood on either side at the minute and it's fine but I just became obsessed with these rubber feet and they have turned out to be sh*t!

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1385398897' post='2287753']
Got round to buying some bigger rubber feet for my Streamliner so it can get over the handle of my barefaced midget. The feet are huge, however with big feet comes a big hole for a big screw. I imagine a washer will work at one end but is there any way I can fill the remainder hole? Maybe jam in the content of couple of boxes of matches?
[/quote]
I fitted doorstops to the bottom of my Streamliner for the exact same reason. I put 2 or 3 small washers in each hole before fitting the bolts. I did this mainly so that the bolts did not protrude too far into the chassis, as it could be pretty catastrophic if they contacted a circuit board or mangled a component.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1385400485' post='2287792']
I fitted doorstops to the bottom of my Streamliner for the exact same reason. I put 2 or 3 small washers in each hole before fitting the bolts. I did this mainly so that the bolts did not protrude too far into the chassis, as it could be pretty catastrophic if they contacted a circuit board or mangled a component.
[/quote]

I intended to do that ensuring I can get a long enough bolt that fits but I was just thinking the the bolt wouldn't be anything like touching the sides of the rubber feet and i dunno if that would make it a bit unsteady or likely to break.

[attachment=149193:260-7702_HR_0.jpg][b]Penn-Elcom 9105 Rubber Cabinet Foot 1" Dia. x 0.85" H [/b]
I did the same with my Streamliner and used these with great success. The washer is already in there and I had to use a longer screw; an M3 x 16mm did the trick perfectly.[attachment=149194:112550-116613.gif]

[quote name='Budbear' timestamp='1385406845' post='2287928']
[attachment=149193:260-7702_HR_0.jpg][b]Penn-Elcom 9105 Rubber Cabinet Foot 1" Dia. x 0.85" H [/b]
I did the same with my Streamliner and used these with great success. The washer is already in there and I had to use a longer screw; an M3 x 16mm did the trick perfectly.[attachment=149194:112550-116613.gif]
[/quote]

Hi Budbear these look perfect where did you get them?

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1385408417' post='2287961']
Hi Budbear these look perfect where did you get them?
[/quote]

I got them here: http://www.parts-express.com/penn-elcom-9105-rubber-cabinet-foot-1-dia-x-085-h--260-7702

That's a US seller but they do ship internationally, and the item is so inexpensive and small the cost of shipping might be worth it. They truly are perfect for the task. I have 2 Streamliners and changed the feet on both. Just unscrew the originals and screw in the new ones using the longer screws I mentioned. 16 mm is the proper length.

[quote name='Budbear' timestamp='1385441915' post='2288304']
I got them here: [url="http://www.parts-express.com/penn-elcom-9105-rubber-cabinet-foot-1-dia-x-085-h--260-7702"]http://www.parts-exp...085-h--260-7702[/url]
[/quote]

I'll email Penn - Elcom if I don't get anywhere I'll just order from the States

Here's a badly executed photo of the feet I used and it shows the clearance of the Streamliner over the handle of a BF Midget. You could go a bit shorter and still clear the handle. I'd estimate that you could go as short as 15 mm. Measure it yourself and see what you'd be comfortable with.

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1385528401' post='2289318']
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tapered-rubber-feet-4-pack-l17aa"]Maplin[/url] do 19mm if you don't mind them tapered
[/quote]

That one is too wide. 43mm. That's the width of a P-bass nut. It's a small amp. I'd try to stay no wider than 25/26mm, to keep close to the original look.

[attachment=149314:tapered-rubber-feet-4-pack.jpg]