Why become a member? ×

A song about Lady xilddx

xilddx

The old girl has been through a lot lately, an she's got through it in true style.

I was just looking through my tunes and stumbled across this number I wrote and recorded, it's about her, not long after I met her. I had pretensions of getting a band together and doing songs like this. I recorded it about 10 years ago on a Yamaha cassette 8-track.

My ol mate Larry is playing sax (beautifully I may say), the rest is me.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/silddx/sun-shine"]https://soundcloud.c...ilddx/sun-shine[/url]

Edited by xilddx

Good morning, Nige...

What a great way to start today, eh..? Nice work, lad. A certain 'American' sound, I thought (no, that's not always disparaging..!), and a cracking set of soli from the sax. He hit all the right buttons.
A suitable tribute, I'm sure, to your good lady; you can feel justly proud.
When are you going to take that on tour, then..? Only another couple of hours of set to get down, and you're away..! :)
Thanks for sharing. B)

Love it mate! The opening made me think of the Stone Roses ('She Bangs the Drums').

Is that you singing? If so you should do more. You could easily beef up the mix by adding an EQ on the master bus and rolling off some of the top end. Not that it really needs messing with.

Cheers for sharing bud :)

Thank you, Paul :)

I might sling in Logic and re-EQ it a little.

Yep, that's me singing. I'm not keen on the sound of my voice, but I really love to sing. I'm doing BVs with Kit now so that gets me off a bit. Might have another crack at singing lead again though, I'll have to knock something together for the next composition comp.

I've barely heard the Stone Roses, I'll check that song out.

Thanks again mate.