Why become a member? ×

New Genz Benz rig incoming.

artisan

Just ordered a nice new rig from Bass Direct taking advantage of the clearence offer on his latest news letter.
I went for the Shuttle 6.2 head & an NX2-212T cab (4ohm) giving me a useable & pretty compact 600 watts.
Watch out noisey guitarists :)
I maninly play Rockabilly Double Bass so i am hoping this little old rig should shake the house down.

So my faithful old Roland will be appearing in the for sale section as soon as my new rig arrives.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1383158273' post='2261004']
It is a rig of champions :D

why fender are pulling the plug on genz when class d amps are becoming king and companies like barefaced can't make similar cabs quick enough I will never know!!!!
[/quote]
cheers Pete :)
Can't wait to use it in anger at the weekend.
As for what Fender are doing,i agree its crazy & makes no sense at all.
Wonder if they will simply re-badge them up as Fender.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1383158273' post='2261004']
It is a rig of champions :D

why fender are pulling the plug on genz when class d amps are becoming king and companies like barefaced can't make similar cabs quick enough I will never know!!!!
[/quote]

fender have released their own range of lightweight cabs (for example 24lbs, 500w, 1x12 - also a 2x8 and a 4x10) and small class D heads (150w and 350w) in the rumble range. I imagine this means they still want to benefit from the shift to small class D stuff but under their own, cheaper range rather than keeping the more expensive Genz Benz branded gear.

Shame.

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1383168466' post='2261214']
fender have released their own range of lightweight cabs (for example 24lbs, 500w, 1x12 - also a 2x8 and a 4x10) and small class D heads (150w and 350w) in the rumble range. I imagine this means they still want to benefit from the shift to small class D stuff but under their own, cheaper range rather than keeping the more expensive Genz Benz branded gear.

Shame.
[/quote]
This thread has been well and truly hijacked, but surely: cheap + class D = trouble?

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1383171793' post='2261273']

This thread has been well and truly hijacked, but surely: cheap + class D = trouble?
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry! The 1x12" and the 150w head retail at £500 for the pair, so not that cheap but I think you're right... It's asking for trouble!

My new rig arrived at 9 a.m. This morning,just awesome service from Bass Direct as usual.
Only problem is i'm stuck at work so can't go play.
Rig looks ace though,i can't believe how small & light the Shuttle is,build quality looks very good too.
Come on home time.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1383221948' post='2261689']
My new rig arrived at 9 a.m. This morning,just awesome service from Bass Direct as usual.
Only problem is i'm stuck at work so can't go play.
Rig looks ace though,i can't believe how small & light the Shuttle is,build quality looks very good too.
Come on home time.
[/quote]

I've not played one of the Genz 2x12 but they do look beautiful!

Thanks guys,i'll not hear it propperly until my next gig though as living in a crappy little terraced house with paper thin walls i have to be careful about upsetting the neighbours.

Marvin - there are some silly deals at B'D'
just chuck it on the credit card like what i did :)