Why become a member? ×

new rig incoming

artisan

I'm considering taking advantage if the recent Genz Benz clearance deals & upgrading my amp but would like a little advice.
I'm currently using a Roland D-bass 210 which sounds fantastic but a 320w i am running out of volume for some gigs (pretty loud rockabilly).
For the amp head its either a Shuttle 6.2 or a Streamliner 600.
I have never used either so can't make up my mind which would be the best bet.
As for cabs the choice is either 2 x Focus 210T (2 x 300w)
Or 2 x Focus 112T (2 x 400w)
Again i have never heard either before.
I will have to buy online to trying first is not possible.
Myself i am drawn to the 210's as that is what i am used to & i can use the full power of the head.
Which would you go for & why.
Cheers

Edited by artisan

From my limited experience with those cabs and from what I read online when I was looking at a rig upgrade: the 2x10s are a little louder and the 1x12s are a little smaller and lighter. Yous picks yous poisons.

Thanks for the replies chaps :)
I've just being checking cab sizes online & as my gear has to fit in my brothers vectra estate along with his gear too i don't think the 210's will fit :(.
Checking the spec on the 12's i just realised that i will only gain 80w which is not a lot,mmmm maybe think again.
My Roland sounds really good but i struggle to get it loud enough without pushing the gain too far,which of course leads into feedback territory.
What i really need is a compact single cab like a Barefaced Big Baby 2 & a nice meaty clean amp to drive it.
Oh & a lottery win to pay for it :)

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1383084430' post='2260120']
I've got a Shuttle 3 if ya want to try it Niel
[/quote]
hi Keith many thanks for the kind offer:)
I would indeed like to hear my bass through you Shuttle sometime if possible,cheers.
Will you be coming to see us at Charlie's on Saturday ?
I would very much like your feedback on how my Roland sounds out front

Edited by artisan

Lol so i ordered my new rig at lunch time :)
Impulsive me ?
Never ! :)
I took the plunge after speaking to Mark at Bass Direct.
I ordered the Shuttle 6.2 & an NX2-212T cab,after reading up about them whilst i was supposed to be working this morning :)
The cab is 4ohm so will enable me to use the full 600 watts the head produces & if that ain't loud enough i'll just quit.
I can't wait for my gig on Ssturday now :)

Edited by artisan

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1383145182' post='2260756']
Whatever I use, I'm never short of vol or headroom playing DB. My shuttle 3 and a ten handles all my small/medium gigs.
[/quote]
ah but are you playing noisey Rockabilly with 2 noisey guitards to compete with :)
My Roly manages quite well but only just for the pub gigs we are doing but it will be nice not to have my amp cranked to the max all the time,the Genz should cruise it & of course remove all traces of ceiling plaster from each venue :)

Edited by artisan

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1383145608' post='2260767']
guitards
[/quote]

hahahahaha ... gonna remember that one.... it does seem to fit for people who have never played rockabilly before. Don't they realise that the bass is the only thing that matters ;) Guitars are definitely second...and the drums are waaaaay back in third.

New rig sounds cool ... definitely gotta get oop north to see you guys in action one day B)