Why become a member? ×

iPad Apps for Setlists and Scores

dand666

Hi guys, I hope this topic is in the right forum.

Finally getting the new iPad this week with the intention of buying it for when im on stage.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of the Set-list apps?

Basically I would like the app to ideally be able to do a number of things:
[list]
[*]Connect to my Dropbox
[*]Open PDF's
[*]Create setlists allowing me to edit timings and chord charts
[*]Add lyrics to songsheets
[/list]

Basically I will have this on stage, so I can see the set-list, then I would like to be able click on each song and that will open a new page with lyrics, chord changes and any notes I would like to add.

Eventually we want to try this for Rockeoke as well.

Any recommendations would be fantastic!!

Many thanks.

I've been using Set List Maker for the iPad for a few months now after dabbling around with other (and combinations of) apps. It's absolutely brilliant IMHO.

[url="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/set-list-maker/id410496349?mt=8"]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/set-list-maker/id410496349?mt=8[/url]

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1382978817' post='2258712']
Set lists should be written out on A4 in black marker pen... Its the law..
[/quote]

Yeah, that's true! I'm not signing my iPad for a groupie to take away and hang on their bedroom wall! :) :)

Hi

I've been using 'forScore' for reading music notation (in PDF format) and creating set lists and notes for songs etc.

Very happy with it as a solution. Basically anything that you have as a PDF can be loaded through DropBox, Bluetooth etc.

Cheers

Pete

If ur going to use it onstage I highly recommend getting the Hercules iPad stand and it attaches to most mic stands. If I'm not singing I take the head off a music stand and attach it to that.

http://www.stringbusters.com/Ko-Bespoke/productlist.asp?cat=1/BITS%20-%20PIECES/BITS%20-%20PIECES%20GADGETS

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1382985683' post='2258846']

Up until recently, I would have agreed with you.
I wrote notes out in black marker on half a tree of A4 for two dep sets I had to learn.
I made the schoolboy error of highlighting some important bits on orange marker which worked great at the rehearsal.
The orange bits vanished every time a red light came on during the gig!
OnSong inverts the backlight to black to minimise stage light. Swipe screen for next song.
No markers, no paper, no folder, no music stand, no reading light. Happy days.
[/quote]i still stand my ground sir. But i do know where you're coming from.

I'm a vocalist in a band with a big repertoire, so I use mine on a K&M stand attached to the mic stand.
I've found the onsong app to be perfect. Let's me import my lyrics from Dropbox, organise set lists etc and away I go. :)
Down side is having to carry it round at gigs cause I won't leave it unattended.