Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD 112P

MikeB

Looked at this amp in Denmark St yesterday and not sure what to do. Currently use a GK Fusion and 2 cabs (an Ashdown 15 & a Markbass 2 x 10) but fed up lugging the 15 around so thinking of changing to the Markbass 12 combo plus my 2 x 10. Only playing pubs / small clubs so assume that'll give enough volume and so much easier / lighter to carry. Suppose I could keep the GK head (which I like) and just get another Markbass 2 x 10 cab.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

It`ll be plenty - I use the CMD121P on it`s own with one of my bands (which has 2 basses so I`m not doing all the low end) and pair it with the matching NY121 cab for the other bands which are punk bands, so not quiet. Used the stack last night in my main band where the other bassist couldn`t make it, we have bass, drums, keys, 2 gtr, 2 vox. Was in a big hall, prob 150 capacity and I wasn`t miked/DI`d, and had no problems. Pair it with your 210 and you`ll have no issues.

Of course if you like the GK sound with the Markbass 210, getting another matching 210 will give you even more of the sound you like - use one cab for rehearsals/smaller gigs, bring the other for the bigger venues.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll probably stick with the GK, which is a great little amp, and invest in another Markbass 210 to get the matching pair (and save about £250). Interested in the comment about stacking them vertically. Do you find this makes a big difference?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1382880960' post='2257472']
I'd get a 2nd Markbass 2x10 & stack em vertically. Though I'm not convinced that you'd need more than 1 2x10 for pubs & clubs unless your amp is a bit lacking.
[/quote]

Yes! I had this rig and stacked them vertically and it was excellent.

Frank.