Why become a member? ×

Francis Dunnery's new album 'Frankenstein Monster'

xilddx

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1382360437' post='2251114']
Another big Frank fan here . Not just a superb guitarist but a complex and extraordinarily talented songwriter , too . Always interested to hear what the man is doing , so thanks for letting me know about this.
[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth! B)

Glad there's some love for ol Francis on here. Go to one of his house concerts if you can, you'll see what a fabulous and very odd man he is :D

I'm hoping to go to the London Tabernacle gig with his prog band on Nov 2. If anyone else is going it would be good to meet up.

Like a lot of his music, think the whole astrology stuff is as nutty as it is from anyone else but he seems to take it seriously. If I can get to Bilston to see him I will but there's a lot of gigs around at present of interest and I can't make them all. Tall Blond Helicopter is a great summertime feel good album.

We're about to release this as a double heavyweight album on the Plane Groovy label; the audio is stunning and it's an amazingly lively recording, with absolutely minimal compression - an audiophile dream. It's a truly worthwhile upgrade/revisiting of the old Necromandus songs which, if you've heard them, are let down by that early '70's muddy production.

[quote name='PlaneGroovy' timestamp='1382464362' post='2252529']
We're about to release this as a double heavyweight album on the Plane Groovy label; the audio is stunning and it's an amazingly lively recording, with absolutely minimal compression - an audiophile dream. It's a truly worthwhile upgrade/revisiting of the old Necromandus songs which, if you've heard them, are let down by that early '70's muddy production.
[/quote]

Excellent! I have heard the Necro numbers and you're absolutely right about the production.

Can you post more details about your release please? i.e. where to obtain it. Cheers.

EDIT: It will be from your site won't it? I just had a look.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='morsefull' timestamp='1382466857' post='2252572']
Another big fan! I'm off to see him tomorrow in Oswestry and then at the Robin on the 3rd Nov.

As usual with Frank, it'll either be laclustre or totally wonderful.

Massively talented.
[/quote]

I'm seeing him in London. Got the album the other day and it's really kinda nostalgic, it's like early YES. My favourite track is Multi Coloured Judy Green, it's wonderful! Love the lyrics.

Hope the shows you go to vibe you the f*** out man!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='PlaneGroovy' timestamp='1382464362' post='2252529']
[/quote]

Very nice to meet you last night, Chris. It was a top night!

I'll give you a shout about that deck.