Why become a member? ×

Bruce Foxton Ampeg Bass Rig

CyberBass

Just spotted on the bay that Bruce Foxton's Management Company is selling his Ampeg Touring Rig. They also mention that they have been instructed by home to sell a collection of amps, guitars etc spanning his 35 years. Any persons purchasing any of his equipment can meet him in one of his tour dates for a letter of authenticity

I seem to remember seeing loads of Genesis's equipment for sale somewhere ( might have been Ebay) in a similar fashion after they finally called it a day . It was really interesting to see the gear spanning the decades and recognising pieces you hadn't seen in years, like Mike Rutherfords Ibanez guitars from the late70's/ early 80's and all sorts of other bits and pieces. I think a lot of bands keep all their gear in storage when they aren't using it , and if they are never going to use it again then why not sell it rather than have to pay to store it ? Maybe there is a good reason why Bruce is having a clearout ( hopefully nothing unfortunate or sinister :)).

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1381688938' post='2242396']
Whenever Rutherford is mentioned I always remember him thus: :)

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be, etc.
[/quote]

Some people are born to look right with a doubleneck guitar . Mike Rutherford is one of them . A public school education always helps with that , of course.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1381689114' post='2242402']
Some people are born to look right with a doubleneck guitar.
Mike Rutherford is one of them. A public school education always helps with that, of course.
[/quote]

[size=4]It must have weighed twenty pounds if it weighed an ounce.[/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1381689334' post='2242412']
[size=4]It must have weighed twenty pounds if it weighed an ounce.[/size]
[/quote]

The dry ice and lasers probably distracted the audience from his cries of orthapedic pain as he tried to make it through 28 minutes of Supper's Ready with that thing strapped on .

After I win the next Election , one of my plans is to make young offenders wear one of those aluminium necked Kramer basses from the late 70's. It would be a lot more effective in slowing them down than an electronic tag .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1381689114' post='2242402']
Some people are born to look right with a doubleneck guitar . Mike Rutherford is one of them . A public school education always helps with that , of course.
[/quote]

Being 7 foot 3 helped as well.

I suppose after enduring years of enforced sodomy at Charterhouse the weight of a Shergold doubleneck was welcome relief by comparison....

[/quote]

...but still one of the most iconic images of my youth. THE best period of Genesis (IMHO, of course)

[/quote]

Me too. Huge fan of that era Genesis. Met them all and Mike is a really nice down to earth guy.

Dave