Why become a member? ×

AAGH drumcore free .....

lurksalot

recordists of the great BC

whats left of my hair is being pulled out slowly and painfully tonight ..

I have had a couple of issues trying to load up my new PC with the plug ins I have on my lappy , each time I hit an obstacle that seems to put hours on my work flow and now I have hit another .

I have downloaded drumcore , no sweat (eventually) I have got reaper to access it no sweat ( eventually) drumcore will play the samples in its own window , but , when I try to drag and drop the samples it just wont happen and I know it should , I am reaaaaaaaaally hacked off now .

If anyone knows what the issue could be could they kindly pop a note up , many thanks

Shame. I quite like Drumcore for quick tracks. I wondered whether you were dragging the wrong item, but seems that you have found it just doesn't work on 64bit. When I first had DC I was dragging what I thought needed D&D - IIRC the item on the list instead of the depiction of the selected loop - and that was the problem

If you are trying to use x32 bit plugs in a x64 host, you will need a bit bridge.
Some DAW's have them, and some don't.
Jbridge is the most reliable, from a 3rd party vendor ( and it is highly regarded)
and it works for just about any VST/VSTi.
Although most software companies are supplying x32 and x64 plugins these days,
there is still some great legacy stuff still knocking around (mainly the free stuff) - and Jbridge will be your best friend.
It quite often works when some of the hosts bridging don't work.

Try the Demo first, if it don't work, it's cost you nothing.
Well worth the 14.99 Euros though.
[url="http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/"]http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/[/url]

Hope this helps.

Edited by lowdown

Reaper bridges very well for itself these days... as for the drumcore problem - you could try Addictive drums demo (one kit only but sound great) or EZDrummer is my choice but will cost ya. (lite version available on CM disc and some hardware)

When you installed, did you right click on the installer and run as admin ?
If not uninstall, and try that.
Or before uninstalling try this.....
Go to your start menu, find Jbridge in programmes list,
right click on Jbridge - properties - click on the compatibility tab,
then at the bottom check the box for - Run this programme as an administrator.
That should do it.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1381737582' post='2242868']
Reaper does not need jbridge.
[/quote]

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1381655843' post='2241768']
Reaper bridges very well for itself these days...

[/quote]

Maybe I wasn't clear enough....

copi
[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1381742156' post='2242931']
So is Jbridge incorporated in Reaper ?
Or is it their own bridge ?
I don't use Reaper, so would not know.
[/quote]

from the Reaper site:
Native bridging and firewalling: run Win32 plug-ins in REAPER x64, maximize RAM utilization, protect against plug-in crashes.

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1381742664' post='2242937']
copi
from the Reaper site:
Native bridging and firewalling: run Win32 plug-ins in REAPER x64, maximize RAM utilization, protect against plug-in crashes.
[/quote]

Looks like the native bridging might indeed be Jbridge.[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
[i]"I have been working (testing) with a developer that is about
to "officially" release a third party universal "bitbridge"
utility application called "jbridge" that will take most any VST plugin
(I even got my ARC plugin working in 64bit now) and make it x64 compatible.

The last little hurdle for UAD compatibility was getting the proper plugin
latency reported to the VST host app. We all know how important
getting the correct latency info to the host app is when it comes
to getting the auto PDC working for latent intensive UAD plugins.
Anyway, I think we finally got it fixed today and so far from my
preliminary tests all is working well.

You can find the latest version here with the UAD latency fix:

[url="http://jstuff.wordpress.com/"]http://jstuff.wordpress.com/[/url]

Now I know Cakewalk and Steinberg have their own proprietary
"bitbridge" apps, but this third party utlility gives a more
universal solution and should work in most any VST compatible
application including REAPER x64. Also, my experience with other
proprietary bitbridge apps is they are not always the most stable
(athough SONAR 8.3.1 is working pretty good right now) and there is a noticeble native CPU hit that is attributable to the bitbridge layer. This extra native CPU load doubles the native CPU hit when compared to working with the UAD plugins in a 32bit VST host app.

What is remarkable about the "jBridge" is once you enable it's "Performance mode" (which is a parameter available for each plugin individually), the native CPU load is practically cut in half making it comparable to working with the UAD plugins in a 32bit VST host app.

I have been working with the alpha/beta versions of "jBridge in XP64
over the last month or so and getting the plugin latency properly
reported to the host app was the last thing to get fixed for UAD x64
compatibility. The application itself is quite stable. I have not
tested every possible VST plugin on planet earth mind you, but the ones
I have tested have worked very well in REAPER x64. The developer is keen on getting the "jBridge" app working as universally as possible."[/i][/font][/color]

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1381766467' post='2243370']
does it mean that drumcore is the issue then ? but it seems odd if all the other 32 bit ones work ?
[/quote]

Looks like it's a x64 bit lemon..... old boy :D[size=4] [/size]
[list]
[*][b]Will DrumCore work on my 64 bit operating system?[/b]
DrumCore 3 and KitCore 2.0 build 21 are qualified for use on 32 bit operating systems. DrumCore will work on 64 bit operating systems but must be run in a 32 bit host application. Some users have reported mixed results using bit bridging programs like JBridge or BitBridge.
[/list]
It might be worth crash landing into the x64 universe, and do away with all that x32 bit limited RAM nonsense... :yarr:[size=4] [/size]

I have dug my old lappy out and fired it up , I am trying to edit the drum track on the lappy while playing along with the bits I have done on the PC , when it is about right I will save it as a wav and import it onto PC , then mix it .

OH the woe, I am miles behind now and the daughter goes away for half term so I think my lyric will have to be replaced by a musical melody line . Hey Ho . Thanks for the help , there is always a workaround ,it is just a timescale and hassle factor that I wasn't expecting :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1381828759' post='2244155']
If Drumcore plays nice with Reaper x32 - simply install a copy of 32bit Reaper to use for drums, do what you need and import into your x64 project. Or do it all in '32' if you're not intending to use lots o' RAM. ;)
[/quote]
This seems like a more sensible solution.

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1381828759' post='2244155']
If Drumcore plays nice with Reaper x32 - simply install a copy of 32bit Reaper to use for drums, do what you need and import into your x64 project. Or do it all in '32' if you're not intending to use lots o' RAM. ;)
[/quote]

back to this one as I may need it again this month :rolleyes: , but if I link my lappy to the PC can I just import the file from the PC x32 , into the PC x64 , or is that just a foolish, simpleton idea.

I dont want to install another version of reaper as I fear a right mess of file and folder names with resultant confusion to afforementioned simpleton :gas: ........... :D

No problems with running both on the same computer,
[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1383344303' post='2263540']
back to this one as I may need it again this month :rolleyes: , but if I link my lappy to the PC can I just import the file from the PC x32 , into the PC x64 , or is that just a foolish, simpleton idea.[/quote]

Yes you can, its not the best use of your time/workflow - but your call... probably quicker to consolidate/export the whole project onto a flash drive and transfer that across.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1383344303' post='2263540']
I dont want to install another version of reaper as I fear a right mess of file and folder names with resultant confusion to afforementioned simpleton :gas: ........... :D[/quote]

No hassles here.. I have 2 desktop icons that labelled themselves, to start whichever I choose (or both if needed). They are both set to use the same vst folder and both will happily work with any .RPP file.

Nowt to fear, seriously...

Edited by OldG