Why become a member? ×

How long to wait? Custom stuff content.

woodyratm

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1382088668' post='2247660']
... and as if by magic, it has been dispatched with a tracking number, the very day I asked for the refund!
I got another apology and a small refund.
[/quote]

Yay! With any luck mines will be shortly then since it was just after you.

That's how it goes with custom builders....

I think in the end , most of them don't care, and have a whole catalog of bulls***t excuses ready to be used.

In the end that's how it is.

Brands that provide great service : Fodera , Alembic, mike lull....... and a few more... sadly the list is short ;-)

Edited by pierreganseman

Okay to update - I was told the units would have been shipped in a week on the 11th, I gave till today for that to happen.
No updates, no shipping notice, nothing.

I've asked for my money back since it doesn't appear as though I'll get them this millennium...

As much I love the stuff they build; I can't recommend anyone to them now. Sorry [u][b]Iron Ether[/b][/u] - this wait for 3 pedals is appalling, lying about pedals being shipped when they're not is also utterly mental. :(

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1382712623' post='2255817']
Wow. If they can't even manage the return of your money, that's very poor!
[/quote]

Yep - I've no idea whats happened with them. Ordered stuff in the past, quick build times, fast shipping. Honest comms. But now.... um not so much!

Not really sure what else I can do to get my money back now.... They were paid via paypal using credit card in Aug.

Get in touch with Paypal you may be able to claim your money back through them.
If you had paid direct with you credit card the card issuer would credit you themselves but since the card went through Paypal that won't be an option now.
I had a similar experience through ebay a couple of years ago & Paypal eventually refunded me.

I'm always happy to wait for stuff providing good, honest communication is maintained.

Some people fall into the bad habit of over-promising rather than being realistic about turnaround times - we encounter this occasionally with suppliers at work. It's usually well intentioned, but it's not good practice.

I'd recommend a firm yet friendly chat to agree a realistic delivery time before requesting a refund. But obviously it's your call! :)

Still waiting for my Oxide. week 10 now when I was told 3-4 week wait :D same as you. Searching on Talkbass reveals Taylor is moving operations. Not sure if this is true. I am also experiencing the same total lack of comms, I was told it would be sent 14th and two weeks later no word of shipping number yet even after reminding him.

Edited by Ruck

He also apparently has a massive backlog of Subterreana's with the noise bleed issue he has to repair. Again, not sure if this is true, just what I can gather from Talkbass. Still It would be nice of him to let us know what is actually happening himself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1386441792' post='2300239']
My Oxide and SubT has just been shipped. They have updated the home page stating the website is temporary closed due to medical emergency. I hope whoever it concerns makes a full speedy recovery!
[/quote]

Wow, hope it's nothing too bad.
Glad yours is on the way

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1382712950' post='2255825']

Yep - I've no idea whats happened with them. Ordered stuff in the past, quick build times, fast shipping. Honest comms. But now.... um not so much!

Not really sure what else I can do to get my money back now.... They were paid via paypal using credit card in Aug.
[/quote]

Got them yet? Or a refund?

As by the sounds of it now you'll struggle to get either indefinitely.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1386578151' post='2301570']
Got them yet? Or a refund?

As by the sounds of it now you'll struggle to get either indefinitely.
[/quote]

Sadly got my money back.

Can't say I'd ever suggest them now. Guys like Tom @ Cog are what I want from a pedal builder.