Why become a member? ×

5 String Squier P-Bass on Preloved £60

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1380790130' post='2230482']
DO what I did. Use the B-string as a thumb rest until you get used to the extra string! :D
[/quote] With a floating thumb technique, is there any other way? :)

[quote name='roceci' timestamp='1380790948' post='2230500']
Cheers guys, going to see this tomorrow morning. Bargain!
[/quote] Cool! let is know... as if we didn't already.

Damn! Why don't these bargains come up in the Southeast!?!?!

Haha what can I say? It's just down the road & I just got paid...it's ideal as I recently got a Squier VM P5 & really wanted a RW neck...hopefully this'll fit so I can swap out the maple.

What's with the J pup configuration on this tho? I'm not seeing a split coil in the photo.

It's got J-J pickups. Can't remember what the model is called, something like a Standard Special V. I had one briefly but when I got an Antoniotsai with a considerably less chunky neck, I moved it on. £60 is a very good price if you get on with the neck, going rate used to be £100-£150.

Just got back with it. Needs a bit of cleaning but wow, what a Squier. Build is excellent, neck seems solid & plays fast, much better bridge than I got stock on my VM P5 recently. Pups are great for stock & even the strings are decent which is a surprise as I'm guessing they're the stock Fenders which I've never got on with previously. True to the seller's word, the thing's hardly been played as it's pretty much mint. A true bargain!

Now how do I attach pics to my posts other than linking to a URL?