Why become a member? ×

New Cog Effects Custom Looper, LANDED

Prime_BASS

Got this today in the post.
looks awesome, designed to replace the Boss LS-2 that I've been using to use parallel lines of effects into one rig. Wanted it to do what the LS-2 did, only better and true bypass.
2 channels both have level and phase switches, clean blends and on/off switches. Also there is a master level trim pot on the inards.

Tom has been a great guy to deal with and has been totally patient with me and I'm looking to get some more custom stuff done too.

[URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Horan/media/IMAG0264_zps411f2332.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p703/Stephen_Horan/IMAG0264_zps411f2332.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1380781379' post='2230370']
Useful item for a dirt pedal enthusiast.

Revue please ! Any volume loss at the 50:50 setting ?
[/quote]

No not at all, I haven't found any active blender such as this(along with the boss Ls-2 this was an upgrade for) to have volume loss at 50:50 mix. With both on and mixed at 50:50 there is a slight boost (as I have a drive always on) which isn't bad at all. Main reason for this was to give me more possible options at my feet, instead of playing around with my small knob in the dark.
I will try and do a proper review sometime soon though.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1380784113' post='2230393']
Tom is building me a preamp / compressor / DI at the moment. He's been a pleasure to deal with, couldn't have done any more to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to get hold of the finished product...

Rob
[/quote]

Sounds good, be interested in that as I might be after a preamp/eq soon mwahaha.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1380818012' post='2231063']
i have a few ideas cooking with tom, really looking forward to things starting to take shape
[/quote]

sounds interesting, for a guy as busy as him he replies fairly quickly and friendly to all my emails, and is being very helpful with my next effects decision.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1380784113' post='2230393']
Tom is building me a preamp / compressor / DI at the moment. He's been a pleasure to deal with, couldn't have done any more to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to get hold of the finished product...

Rob
[/quote]

I will be very interested in seeing that once it is finished, is it designed to drive a power amp?

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1380968435' post='2232867']
That looks like a great utility pedal, I think a lot of people could use that on their pedalboards.
[/quote]

Yeah Tom@COG has actually said he is building one himself as it's got loads of uses. Line boosting, parrallel lines, cleaning blending all sorts. And I'm sure IIRC he said he would offer it as a standard model too.