Why become a member? ×

The Ancient One

Magic Fingers

Hi, This is the first chat line / forum I have joined (not quite sure how this works). I began in the sixties playing guitar in a couple of groups. Got married - two adult children later I treated myself to a Stratocaster and started music classes playing Rock and Blues. The scene had changed too much so ended up changing to Bass - bought various basses and amps and am now settled with US Fender Jazz Bass and Roland practice amp and stage amp Ashdown Mag 300 Evo II. I play in an ensemble (Brass and Guitars) and mainly play jazz along with some Blues. I read music (fairly fluently) and have been into computers since the 80's. I am thinking of downsizing in terms of the band to a small combo so the big amp will be going (too heavy to lug around at my age). I have just bought an electric violin (NS Wav) and have started lessons for that (my wife thinks I am mad) - an advantage of retiring is that I now have the time. I intend on being an active member on the forum. I will post some pics if I can figure out how all this works.

Welcome to basschat
Yes, you will indeed find lots of advice on here
If you still want to play bass, but don't want to lug heavy gear around
there are plenty of new, lightweight amps around

For example, Markbass (which I use) or Phil Jones
produce some really small lightweight amps that still pack a big punch...

Violin too eh? Nice :)
Wish I had a tenth of the time I want, to rehearse....
Wish I could learn to play loads of different instruments....
I'd miss the bass, if I didn't play it anymore though...

Cheers
Marc

Welcome, Fingers!
What they say.
Also, we're here to answer questions about putting up pics if you struggle finding it out. Basically, it's about having an account at a picture site like Photobucket, upload your picture to it, copy the link that Photobucket automatically generates for it, and paste that link into your post, at the spot where you want the pic to appear.
Enjoy!

bert