Why become a member? ×

More Markbass questions!

Mr Fudge

I carry my whole rig in one trip from the car - much to the amusement of my fellow band members. A Traveller 15 cab in one hand, Little Mark in rack bag (inc tuner, cables etc) in other hand and my bass bag over shoulder.

We play in a rock/pop covers band doing weddings, parties etc and I've not found the need for an extension cab even playing large halls.

[quote name='OldGit' post='223012' date='Jun 20 2008, 03:31 PM']Get the combo and one of these for big gigs when you have PA support an you use the combo as a monitor
[/quote]

Bonus if you do go for the 210 combo, it's a kickback design so you wont need that wedgie thing ^_^

Also if you wished to you can remove the amp very easily if you wanted to get a cover made for it as it's 4 screws in the top. Allows you to use it with any cabs you like at a later date.

From what I've read on here & other places you'd be better going for a 210 cab later as opposed to the 15, but if you get to try both before me then let me know your opinion.
I'm even toying with the idea of the mb 410 but it might be way more than I'll ever need!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='darwin' post='223015' date='Jun 20 2008, 03:34 PM']I carry my whole rig in one trip from the car - much to the amusement of my fellow band members. A Traveller 15 cab in one hand, Little Mark in rack bag (inc tuner, cables etc) in other hand and my bass bag over shoulder.

We play in a rock/pop covers band doing weddings, parties etc and I've not found the need for an extension cab even playing large halls.[/quote]

Has anyone used an extension cab withe a CMD 121H ? I am ordering this combo from Thomann and would still like to know what would be a good extension cab for this combo?
Any advice would be much appreciated,
Thanks

Just to add a +1 for the 15 traveller - 400w cab great for all sorts of situations.

And another +1 for the 610HR, 1200w and totally practical !!! only selling mine as i'm mental and crossed over to the dark side (svt +8x10).

[quote name='pete.young' post='265938' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:35 PM']That'll sort the plan pots out nicely, but what do I do about the cabs? :-)[/quote]
Now dont be silly! Ive now taken to placing a cab each side of the drummer, so now he has no excuses, works well and also the fing guitarist can keep tight!

i started this thread and have just seen it is still going. Shortly after I became the proud owner of an SA450. I have not done anything about a cab yet because Im still sticking it through my old Ashdown 4x10. I don't know when I will either because it sounds fantastic. The amp is superb and seems to be getting a depth and clarity out of the cab I didn't know it had. If it's not broken why try and fix it?

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='267479' date='Aug 22 2008, 12:00 AM']....i started this thread and have just seen it is still going. Shortly after I became the proud owner of an SA450. I have not done anything about a cab yet because Im still sticking it through my old Ashdown 4x10. I don't know when I will either because it sounds fantastic. The amp is superb and seems to be getting a depth and clarity out of the cab I didn't know it had. If it's not broken why try and fix it?....[/quote]
Good man. You've discovered the first law of Rock And Roll; If it sounds good keep doing it.