Why become a member? ×

SOLD FENDER JAZZ BASS 1983
£700

Isabass

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1379964397' post='2218887']
These 'Dan Smith' Fenders are excellent (had several...) Fender brought him in in '83 to sort out producton quality issues... these are the result.
[/quote]

Agreed. I've one of these in Ivory and it's an excellent bass. Has all the refinements Fender brought in at that time - biflex truss rod, beefed up bridge, four bolt neck joint with micro-tilt, etc. I paid a lot more for mine so this looks like a real bargain. Good luck with the sale.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='remymallettbass' timestamp='1383584730' post='2266214']
Where are you based? I'm in London. Would love to have a play as I'm quite interested.
[/quote]

They are based in France according to their avatar.

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1379964397' post='2218887']
These 'Dan Smith' Fenders are excellent (had several...) Fender brought him in in '83 to sort out producton quality issues... these are the result.
[/quote]

Dan Smith joined Fender from Yamaha in 1981, the 1982 models were the what collectors call the "Dan Smith" guitars, made in small numbers & its rumoured Fender were losing $100 on every guitar made in 1982. By '83 Fender CBS were spiralling towards bankruptcy & trying to increase production whilst cutting production costs - hence the introduction of the 1 piece scratch plate on the Jazz, the top loaded tele & the 2 knob, non routed trem Strat. Still a nice Jazz though & well worth the asking price.

Edited by Ashborygirl