Why become a member? ×

Not for sale....Try again next year.
£1395

okusman

Lovely GB.

Much love for Bernies work...

This one has featured a few times I think on Bernies website.

I'll never part with mine. Purely because it had some cosmetic wear and it's funky finish isn't to everyone's tastes...

Glwts.

One day I can dream of placing a unique order from Bernie.

Atm Jon Shuker is my master craftasman of choice.. New bass on the way.

Slightly off topic can I post my eBay adds on this website in the eBay section?

Zenbasses...

Slightly off topic can I post my eBay adds on this website in the eBay section?

MB1.
No!...afraid not..
The EBay section is specifically for Bass chatters to point out various bass/ musical orientated items of interest and insanity!
It's not to promote items you yourself have listed on EBay.

...Nice looking bass Mr Okus!
BUMP.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LennyP' timestamp='1381412719' post='2238695']
What's the Pickup and EQ spec / configuration? How would you describe the sound on it?
[/quote]

The pickups are probably built in house now but mine (which is a GB IV the forerunner to the spitfire range) are Kent Armstrong designed pickups. They say GB on them but when Jon Shuker serviced my bass said they definitely were Kent Armstrong. Duel hambucker.. This one's no different

They can be run in series or parallel.

The controls will be treble bass mid blend and volume with a dip switch for the series and parallel feature.

The sound of the GB is as hifi as it gets.. With 21db cut and boost it certainly the most powerful bass you'll have ever played

This one might have dip switches on the inside of the cavity to adjust boost etc etc.

I find mine covers everything I throw at it..It stands well in the mix and a small adjustment can give an amazing solo sound.

Thick warm and immensely trebley when you want it to be

Smooth and controlled for the softer approach.

Works very well with a pick if you like that sort of thing and coupled with a o/d pedal it powers through rock.

You'll love it but it is a unquie sound... And the powerful eq can be a pain if Di into a mixing desk for recording.

There is no sound quite like a GB

The YouTube clips are indicative of this..

Hope this helps

[quote name='ZenBasses' timestamp='1381425058' post='2239007']
The pickups are probably built in house now but mine (which is a GB IV the forerunner to the spitfire range) are Kent Armstrong designed pickups. They say GB on them but when Jon Shuker serviced my bass said they definitely were Kent Armstrong. Duel hambucker.. This one's no different

This one might have dip switches on the inside of the cavity to adjust boost etc etc.
[/quote]

Pickups are specced by Dick Straker to specifically work with the preamp. The pickups dont sound too great passive.

Definately not Kent Armstrong but yes Aaron Armstrong. So half a point to Mr Shuker!

That preamp is too new to have the internal dip switches. They are present on the three way switch preamp.

Ps -10db inline attenuator will sort you if your di is causing you headaches. Ive recorded lots of times with my GBs with brilliant results. It depends on the headroom of the pres as to how well it copes with the output of the GBs. As said though, one inline xlr attenuator and no issues whatsoever. Just to clarify, theres no DI issues with this bass... Its only like running a synth volume flat out and then not expecting the preamp to clip!

You may ask why so much boost and cuts within these preamps? Well... It certainly allows you to be a chameleon tone wise!

Edited by EBS_freak

I have recorded with this bass. The bass DI'd into the desk without a problem. It was flat EQ.

Thank you for all the additional info about this bass from a variety of people.

I won't profess to being a Goodfellow expert, just know it is a fantastic bass.