Why become a member? ×

Gallien Kruger MB150E or MarkBass Mini CMD 121P?

SevenSeas

Using the Markbass amp I`m biased, but objectively, it`s loud enough for me in an 8-piece punk band (albeit with 2 bassists, so I`m not holding all the low-end myself) and it is lightweight. I`ve carried it, my bass, and my leads-bag for about half a mile, was fairly tiring though. As there`s only 3lbs in weight difference between them, I`d go for the Markbass based on the power. Plus I`ve read reviews from people using them for upright and they seem plenty happy.

Yes, the Mini CMD 121P works very well for both DB and electric bass and - as others have noted - is pokier than the GK (which I have also owned). I prefer the MarkBass by a substantial margin. The only downside is the MarkBass is heavier and - as a cube - slightly more awkward to carry

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1378761525' post='2204490']
Yes, the Mini CMD 121P works very well for both DB and electric bass and - as others have noted - is pokier than the GK (which I have also owned). I prefer the MarkBass by a substantial margin. The only downside is the MarkBass is heavier and - as a cube - slightly more awkward to carry
[/quote]

I'd agree wholeheartedly with Clarky's sentiments. I've also owned both and the GK really struggled up against a live drummer. Great for home or studio use but I wouldn't gig one without an extension cab and foh support :(