Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline JO Limited Edition - GONE, please remove
£600

Bigwan

PRICE DROPPED: £550 with Fender SKB case, £500 with no name case.

Never thought I'd sell this but needs (GAS) must.

This is a Lakland Skyline JO DPLE (Dudepit Limited Edition) in Sherwood Green with matching headstock. Lindy Fralin pickups. Now passive as I think it sounds better this way. Fully shielded. Some pics show it with the stock East J Retro which is long gone I'm afraid - now fitted with a good quality Fender control plate (A replacement 60's style stacked knob control plate is also included). More up to date pictures have now been added to my photobucket link. There were only 23 of these basses made.

There are quite a few little marks on the bass, most noteable being damage caused by a cheap locking strap just above the rear strap button on the edge of the bass. Pics of capturable damage included - there are a few little dents on the top above the pickups but they aren't really noticeable., A few scores on the fretboard.There are a few visible scratches on the back of the neck around the 10th - 12th fret, but these can't be felt under your thumb. There are quite a few little scratches on the front and back that would definitely buff out. Only other thing to point out is that the control plate doesnt meet the pickguard exactly (pictured also).

Looking £550 plus postage (including fender SKB case) or £500 plus postage for generic no name case. Would trades for a Lakland 55-02 or similar 5. Would also sonsider a well used Warwick Stage 1 Streamer 4 or 5 (no other Warwick models though).

[url="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Bigwan2062/slideshow/Lakland%20pics"]http://s38.photobuck.../Lakland%20pics[/url]

Edited by Bigwan

In the interests of full disclosure, I recently received a Fender Roadworn Jazz in a trade, and while it's a cracking bass, it's not as good as this. Why is this one on the block you ask? It's a proper jazz neck, and the RW is chunkier, and as I'm more of a P bass man nowadays, the RW fits my hands better. The Lakland has the edge everywhere else I think, but as with my esteemed colleague, I'm trying to cut down on basses. If I can get a 55-02 the RW will probably go also.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1378070871' post='2195595']
The shop I help in recently sold one of these that had also been set up as a passive (albeit a stacker). I totally agree that it works better in passive format.

Great basses, great colour, great price, what's not to like :)
[/quote]

Yup and that one was stunning as well. As is the one you have left (normal rotaries).
AS IS THIS ONE :gas:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1378814527' post='2204894']
Not sure Andy. I bought it from eBay way back, before the basstalk days I think. There are a few of these knocking about the uk - there were 2 in Northern Ireland at one point I believe
[/quote]

This was mine I think. There was 1 bass ordered with a factory fitted battery box & I bought it from the original owner on the Dude Pit, according to my paperwork, I sold it through eBay to a chap in Co. Antrim. I still have picture of the serial number somewhere, might go raking. I recall it was terrific, terrific bass.