Why become a member? ×

Cars, families, DBs and the need for an EUB or travel bass

Beedster

It's a nice day here and earlier on I was offered a sit-in with a local singer-songwriter for an outdoor afternooner at a local pub. Great, said yes, then realised that now that the family is a four-piece, they and the DB are no longer going to fit in the car at the same time, and whilst I love gigging, I love it even more if the girls are there (OK, I'm aware that wiser heads will indicate that this is a situation that might change over the coming years). So, had to turn it down, although we're still going along to have a beer or two and listen to the music.

So, I've posted in Items Wanted - but thought I'd also mention here - that I might be on the lookout for an EUB or travel DB!

Enjoy your bank holidays all

C

I had this exact same problem. Swapped a Citroen C3 for a second hand Mazda 5. You can fold half the seats down, making room for a double bass, with 2 seats (one behind the other) for the kids, plus passenger seat in front (so family of four plus bass). In fact on one occasion we got five people plus bass in (bit of a squeeze). I do love your determined attempts though - brilliant photos :lol:

[quote name='timbo1978' timestamp='1377456670' post='2187787']
I remember my girlfriend (now wife) being totally unimpressed when I told her shed have to sit in the back, because my db took up the whole passenger side of my car. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hey, at least she got to go to the gig. Or did your DB just go everywhere with you, in which case yes, she had a point :)

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1377446410' post='2187622']
There's two Yamaha SLB200s in the for sale forum......
[/quote]

Thanks Rev, yes, a bit pricey for me to be honest. I find on here than if you post a wanted ad all sorts of weird stuff appears, so I'm hoping something suitable priced and suitable interesting will come up.
Cheers
C

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1378161615' post='2196608']
You can get a double bass, amp, acoustic guitar, amp, flute and 4 people in the back of a LWB Mercedes A Class too!
[/quote]

For some reason mention of the flute reminds me of the old Castemaine ad "Looks like we overdid it with the sherry".