Why become a member? ×

<<< SOLD >>> Fender CS Jazz 60's Jazz - <<< SOLD >>>
£1700

Platypus

Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass - Light Relic by[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]Vince Cunetto[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]This jazz bass was made in the Fender Custom Shop in 1997 [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]Build luthier was John Cruz and the relic work was by [/font][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]Vince Cunetto, as was the norm at that period [/font][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif](1994-1999)[/font][/color]
B[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]uild quality is first class and the bass it is in excellent condition.[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]Comes with certificate of authenticity, original Fender strap (unused) and bridge and pickup covers and hard case.[/font][/color]

Great authentic vintage tone and the bridge pickup solo'd is highly addictive!

Some photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/100079729@N07/sets/

Note the covers are just resting on the bass in these pics

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]I'm based in Harrow Middx and a[/font][/color]ny trial is welcome

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]Price is £1700[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]No trades thanks, as reducing gear![/font][/color]

Edited by Platypus

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned server Custom Shop Jazz Basses and my opinion of them is that in general they are not worth the money!
A few of those that I have owned were reliced and to be honest I though the Custom shop was completely missing the mark on how the instruments age. They were tarnishing all the hardware, over-rusting the screws and bridges etc. The relicing on the bodies was good but they just seemed unrealistic when compared to the real thing.

However, having just seen my first John Cruz Jazz bass from the Cunetto era Ive been blown away and my faith has been completely restored.
These instruments are as close to the real deal as it is possible to get. Aged to perfection, ie

I saw one in a shop in Dublin and it was hanging on the wall beside an L series 64 pre CBS Jazz. I couldnt tell the difference apart from the slightly different tuning pegs that the Custom Shop use. I was so impressed that I bought the bass, and it wasnt cheap. But it stands as the best Fender I have ever owned and that goes ahead of my 71, my 65 and a few later 70's ones. I certainly licks any of the previous Custom Shop basses I have owned.

Also, the John Cruz is a Masterbuilt instrument, It commands a huge price new and the Cunetto era ones are really sought after. So this bass here is not only a fabulous instrument but its likely to be a good investment for somebody.

Good luck with sale