Why become a member? ×

Get yer Bongo's Out

rodacademy

If this "discrepancy" is the one I think it is , that GW has referred to before , then it is a moot point whether it exists except for the most discerning of players ( I've certainly never noticed it on mine ) , and it would probably come under the banner of "design flaw " rather than fault .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376859115' post='2180130']
Shame a flawed bass got passed on to another buyer too. Why not take it back to the shop? Or was it a design flaw?
[/quote]

xilddx it was the latter, but one of those both the distributor in uk and the manufacturer would choose never to admit. [u][b]which is why I don't effing WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OK??[/b][/u]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1376861331' post='2180163']
xilddx it was the latter, but one of those both the distributor in uk and the manufacturer would choose never to admit. [u][b]which is why I don't effing WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OK??[/b][/u]
[/quote]

OK cool, I assumed because you brought it up it must be important enough to tell people about it.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1376861331' post='2180163']
[/quote]

Probably shouldn't have picked such a curiosity-inducing fashion in which to mention it, perhaps :)

Sigh, I shall now have to scrutinise my bass for clues whilst fighting my desire to [b]ASK [u]QUESTIONS[/u] ABOUT IT[/b].

Teasing aside, no worries Fran - I can live with your desire not to talk about it. I've not had any issue with mine, yet, so here's hoping that continues!

[quote name='rodacademy' timestamp='1376862675' post='2180185']
Oh man your killing me! Not seen that before... Yawn!
[/quote]
I think I know what GW's fatal flaw is. The hinges are in the wrong place so seat keeps falling down when you're in mid flow innit.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1376861927' post='2180172']
Probably shouldn't have picked such a curiosity-inducing fashion in which to mention it, perhaps :)

Sigh, I shall now have to scrutinise my bass for clues whilst fighting my desire to [b]ASK [u]QUESTIONS[/u] ABOUT IT[/b].

Teasing aside, no worries Fran - I can live with your desire not to talk about it. I've not had any issue with mine, yet, so here's hoping that continues!
[/quote]

Guys, girls. I would have not got any joy if I had mentioned the issue I discovered to the UK distributors because the parent company in america that also runs the forum about those instruments would have branded me as heretic, locked and deleted any thread, put a life ban on me (which did get eventually) and make a big cover up of it all, just like president obama did when they wasted bin laden (apparently)

Also you know of another member of this forum that, when he had trouble with another instrument of the same brand, said distributor gave him the run around until it was discovered (allegedly) that a body was fitted to a different neck or something along those lines. Had I insisted with pointing out my issue which was measured by an indipendent and highly qualified UK luthier with a lazer cad machine and he proved exactly my suspicions with figures, (shaking his head in disbelief) I would have been told by said distributor that it was all in my head or that they would have been prepared to change or refund but never admitted it was a common fault but perhaps a faux pas that only happened to my one. So I thought bllcx to it all and got rid of it, after all it was all in my head, the next owner is still very happy with it. There you go.

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1376863086' post='2180195']

Guys, girls. I would have not got any joy if I had mentioned the issue I discovered to the UK distributors because the parent company in america that also runs the forum about those instruments would have branded me as heretic, locked and deleted any thread, put a life ban on me (which did get eventually) and make a big cover up of it all, just like president obama did when they wasted bin laden (apparently)

Also you know of another member of this forum that, when he had trouble with another instrument of the same brand, said distributor gave him the run around until it was discovered (allegedly) that a body was fitted to a different neck or something along those lines. Had I insisted with pointing out my issue which was measured by an indipendent and highly qualified UK luthier with a lazer cad machine and he proved exactly my suspicions with figures, (shaking his head in disbelief) I would have been told by said distributor that it was all in my head or that they would have been prepared to change or refund but never admitted it was a common fault but perhaps a faux pas that only happened to my one. So I thought bllcx to it all and got rid of it, after all it was all in my head, the next owner is still very happy with it. There you go.
[/quote]

Oh just spit it out! Why even post about not saying? You may just save others a headache/nightmare from your findings.
Just call it your opinion then all the happy bongo fans can take it with a pinch of salt.