Why become a member? ×

Wezz tone's basses

wezz tone

Excellent! Lovely bass - and quite restrained for an Atlansia. Point of interest for JapCrap geeks - Atlansia was founded by Nobuaki Hayashi - and if you ever look at an 80s Matsumoku Aria Pro SB bass - he's the "H. Noble" whose name's on the headstock!

And here's what he's up to these days:

[url="http://www.atlansia.jp/BASS.NEW.HTML"]http://www.atlansia.jp/BASS.NEW.HTML[/url]

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

Inspired by the Atlansia bass with lots of those pickups dotted around the body I made a bass today on the V-bass with 8 dual coil single string 'pickups' dotted around the body in completely random places, it sounds really weird but has inspired me to play some new grooves!

---Like this one [url="http://www.atlansia.jp/OXFORD.3.JPG"]http://www.atlansia.jp/OXFORD.3.JPG[/url]

hi guys and gals, i remember first seeing this bass at music ground in leeds about 1986/87 priced at £1495 and wanted it bad!! however it was way beyond my budget. it turned back up at music ground about 5 years ago and they had just got it back. It was missing a knob and an e string and looking a bit sorry for itself. i paid £1000. The guy who owns the shop brought it back from the atlansia factory in the mid 80s. the bass is a garland dx with a graphite reinforced neck and it is passive. the neck is like a baseball bat! round!! and real solid, no flex and no truss rod! action is very low. it sounds like no other bass ive owned, and ive had many basses over the years. It looks mad and sounds like the best stingray you have ever herd!! the photos dont really do it justice, it is pretty much mint for a 22 year old bass. because the neck has a lot of graphite in it, the headstock has massive brass angled inserts that have been added to make the bass balance beautifully. It has loads of other madness going on like a roller string tree and angled knobs with inserts in the body around the knobs, gold mother of pearl markers halfway between the fingerboard and the neck . The neck is birds eye maple and the body is ash that has been kiln dried and seasoned for a minimum of 8 years prior to been made into a bass. date code is the 14th of jan 1986. will add more pix asap and thanks. wezz

[quote name='steve-soar' post='217892' date='Jun 12 2008, 08:04 PM']How anyone can call them "Jap Crap", is beyond me, they look amazing.[/quote]
'Cos "JapCrap" is a joke - not a value judgement! :)

By the same logic - Shuker, Status, Wal etc = BritSh!t, Fodera, Alembic, Pedulla etc = YankW@nk, and pretty much everything else half-decent = KoreaDiarrhoea.

I [i]love[/i] Japanese basses. :huh:

J.

Heres what im really into, cheap jap firewood!
Also got a geddy lee and a tobias toby pro which im gonna stick up on the for sale pages soon........

Been playing for so long i know what i like, and what i like is westones!

Edited by wezz tone

[quote name='wezz tone' post='221346' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:13 PM']Heres what im really into, cheap jap firewood!
Also got a geddy lee and a tobias toby pro which im gonna stick up on the for sale pages soon........

Been playing for so long i know what i like, and what i like is westones![/quote]

My first bass was a Weston Thunder II (Mark 3). I've been on the lookout for one since I got back into bass but they seem to be pretty thin on the ground. However, if I'm not mistaken, you have one hanging on your wall! Sweet!

nice collection

elom

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='elom' post='222803' date='Jun 20 2008, 12:03 PM']My first bass was a Weston Thunder II (Mark 3). I've been on the lookout for one since I got back into bass but they seem to be pretty thin on the ground. However, if I'm not mistaken, you have one hanging on your wall! Sweet!

nice collection

elom[/quote]

Yeehaw! Just bagged one on fleabay - first one I've seen on there in 18 months of looking so I am well chuffed. I know that I don't really need another bass but I couldn't let this one get away. Even has the proper Westone case too - can't wait for it to arrive now.