Why become a member? ×

Traded

gilmour

Hi All,

This is just a feeler, I'm thinking of trading my Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 'Dirty Blonde' 5 string, 2006 Limited edition.

(This isn't it, just some stock pic from a google search)

I've had the bass from new for just over a year now. It's a limited edition of 250. Plays lovely, has that classic Warwick growl, but with the unusaul pick up combination means has a broader range of tones. The 'cookie dough' woods used and lovely gull inlays make the bass a real looker.

Truth be told I've just never used the bass, I think a combination of the smaller body and having been playing the same bass for 10 years. I'd estimate that it's had between 15 and 20 hours of play time, I have gigged it once. I don't change gear very often, but was a little flush when I got this.

Condition wise pretty much as new, some of the lettering on the pickups has worn away a little, but other than that nothing.

I'd like to know if anyone has any interesting trades for this? Must be 5 string, I'm interested in Stingray 5, or good jazz type basses, however I'm open to interesting offers.

Like I say not desperate to get rid as it is a beatiful instrument, just doesn't get used.

Features:
- Birdseye Poplar top
- Swamp Ash back
- Bolt-on Flamed Maple neck
- Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard, 24 frets
- Scale length: 34"
- "Gull" Inlays
- Birdseye Poplar veneer headstock overlay
- "Dirty Blonde" stained satin finish
- black hardware
- Active MEC P/TJ pickups
- Active MEC 3-way electronics

Comes with a flight case, this is more used, as I used it for a couple of flights with my Yamaha in it.

For more info:
[url="http://warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=14667&linkmode=SINGLE&katID=14480&linkID=25253&cl=EN"]http://warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt...25253&cl=EN[/url]

If people are seriously interested I'll dust of the camera and post some pics.

Thanks

Edited by gilmour

PM'd!

[quote name='redd' post='216680' date='Jun 11 2008, 10:22 AM']dont suppose you'd be interested in a 5 string electric upright?

steinberger CRT5 string - cost me about 2200 about 3 years ago,

ill sling some pics your way if your interested.

cheers

ReDD[/quote]

Hi All,

Thanks for all the offers an PM's some interesting offers. All PM's have been replied to. My Digital camera is broken so I will borrow one this weekend and post some pics for all those that are interested.

Thanks

Rob

Edited by gilmour

[quote name='Geester' post='217605' date='Jun 12 2008, 01:48 PM']Just wanted to check, is this one yours - Ebay Item No 280234785573 ?[/quote]

No, I ahven't put it on Ebay as I'm interested in trades.

I just noticed that one this morning when I was looking for a guide price, mine is serial No. 6/269, this one is 6/272, I have no idea how the serial No's work.

Funny that two come up at once though!

Edited by gilmour

Hi,

I would be interested to trade you for my Californian Musicman Stingray 5.

I had put in a Seymour Duncan replacement pickup and circuit with contour pot.
And I also have the original pickup and circuit too - if you wanted to change it back.

Ive put up a photo of me playing it.

If your interested i can take some pics of the bass on its own..

Regards
Andy

[attachment=9839:l_5a61bd...ad4a723d.jpg]

[quote name='gilmour' post='227058' date='Jun 26 2008, 12:57 AM']Traded, with Cry For Silence Bassist.

CHeers Andy, nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the bass :huh: I feel sure it's gone to a good home.

R[/quote]

Pleasure doing business with you too! :) and likewise about the good home! :huh:

Andy