Why become a member? ×

FS BABICZ FULL CONTACT CHROME BRIDGE SOLD
£50

Bought for a project that has sadly had to be cancelled......

It came from Bass Direct and it's only use has been a test fit on a old jazz bass of mine.....

Only thing of note is a slight threading on one of the screws, other than that its in perfect nick.......

Edited by ozzy138

• 5 months later...

I do look at a lot of stuff on here and I thought I'd have a look with a view to buy. It's not until you get to the end of the thread that you realise how old it is so I just thought that it was better to PM.

Sorry if I sounded rude, no offence intended, peace, love joy etc' :happy: B)

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1390937068' post='2351557']
I do look at a lot of stuff on here and I thought I'd have a look with a view to buy. It's not until you get to the end of the thread that you realise how old it is so I just thought that it was better to PM.

Sorry if I sounded rude, no offence intended, peace, love joy etc' :happy: B)
[/quote]

No worries but we didn't know it wasn't still for sale and asking if it is it's not unreasonable. Anyhew... life moves on. .. :)

In fact posting here instead of sending a pm might be helpful for other users who haven't seen this ad... It's the seller's responsibility to mark the item as sold when it's gone, this one hasn't so might be still for sale... I do perform a search when I need something particular but very often I spot wanted ads where someone's looking for something I happened to have pm'd the seller from a few months old thread and it turns out still available, but because it wasn't in the first 3-4 pages people missed it, so... I think nothing wrong with reviving an old thread :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1391020020' post='2352385']
?

Well I'm on my 2nd and I'm happy????
[/quote]

Horses for courses I guess Peter. I prefer something more high mass to "full contact" myself. These bridges are decidedly low mass.
I have a Babicz on my fretless P (it replaced a bbot). On paper it sounds awesome but in practice I found that it actually muted what was there originally. It's still on there like so it's obviously it's not pig awful, just not the miracle it's maker claims it to be. Looks very funky though.

It's all my fault.......this has been sold

I was moving house at the time the ad went in and I think keeping an eye on bass chat had slipped down the list of importance...!

The whole BABCIZ thing was weird for me.... I got it for a jazz bass and it just did sit well, I'd say it definitely effected the tone. I put on my P bass and it sounded great but it just didn't look right at all.

Anyway.... Apologies all round