Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Cort Elrick RB-5 Bass

dmz

Lovely Cort Elrick RB-5 bass for sale - nice modern sounding 2-octave instrument. Recently strung with DR Hi-beams so sounds fab.

Am letting go of this to make way for a pricier bass.

Made in the same factory as Laklands Skyline basses and the quality is the same - I own a Lakland 55-02 so can confirm this. Light and sturdy - plays great. Has the same pickups and pre-amp as the Lakland 55-01 NTMB bass. Sounds broadly similar to the 55-01 but does to my ears sound more "modern".

Here is the spec;

35" Scale
Ash body with flame maple top
Flame maple facing for headstock
3-piece Maple neck with dark rosewood fingerboard - looks like ebony.
24 medium jumbo frets
Zero fret, 1.75" wide
Active 3-Way EQ
Volume/Blend/Treble/Mid/Bass Controls
Bartolini MK1 Pickups
Bartolini NTMB preamp (US version upgrade)
Weight - 8.5 pounds

Comes with gigbag. In excellent condition - has a couple if dings but nothing major.

Looking for £325 - an absolute steal for such a nice instrument - gets rave reviews on Talkbass and Harmony Central websites - give them a look !

[attachment=9387:RB5a.jpg]

[attachment=9388:RB5b.jpg]

[attachment=9389:RB5c.jpg]

Edited by dmz

I'd been looking for one of these a few months back. Unfortunately I'm totally overstretched and have an RB V of another kind (Fender) on its way to me anyway...

Doesn't stop me GASing for it though!

The bass is a collaboration between the two - i think it is designed by Elric and made by Cort (Who also make fantastic quality basses) so it really is a win/win bass. Amazing for the price.