Why become a member? ×

SOLD 'Fender' Jazz. Blocks. Ash body. Seymour Duncan pickups
£225

Moos3h

This is a belting bass! Heavy ash body, lovely bound and block inlayed neck, nicely done headstock transfer (with 'authentic', ahem, lacquer cracking), NOW WITH SEYMOUR DUNCAN pickups, shielded cavity and brass saddles.

Bright and ballsy but plenty of guts too - a fantastic playing, sounding and looking bass!

£275 collected from Halifax

Edited by Moos3h

'Fender' and well applied Fender headstock decal....

.....I'm not the brightest in the world....so is it a genuine Fender?

Upfront applogies if I read that wrong, thats the colour combo i want.....just want to clarify things ....reading too many ebay descriptions can do that!

Edited by iconic

Hi folks!

I'm not sure of the provenance of the bits. I bought it as a no name and finished it up.

My guess is that the neck is a Squier vintage modified neck - there was the faintest mark left over from a previous logo and my best guess was that it was a Squier.

The body I have no idea. It's deffo ash in my mind, the weight and grain pattern pretty much confirm this - there are no markings in the neck pocket to hint at model numbers or maker.

It's most deffo not a fender but I tell you it can hang with the big boys, no mistakes!

Could be a squier neck..but never seen a squier without a trussrod access bezel...the dark bit around the 'ole...and i dont think its a vmj neck...?....head/trussrod access/binding different

good looking bass though...good luck

Edited by iconic

Please ignore the 'price or trade value' - I've now added the Seymour Duncans that I bought from psychoandy so the price is now £275 - partly because I now don't really want to sell it - it's an extraordinary thing!

• 1 month later...

Hi !

I am unearthing this thread as I have bought roughly the same bass 2 years ago, 2d hand in France.
Same Wilkinson bridge and tuners, Duncan pick-ups, body, neck, logo etc.

It sounds gorgeous and has the same specs

The guy told me he had ordered the parts from the US and sold it to me a good price.
It sounded good, I bought it without asking questions.

Now I am considering selling the bass but want to be clear on what I am selling.
Where did you get this one from ?

Best wishes,

It's not only the logo : Squiers don't have the same Wilkinson bridge and tuners. This one sounds good also...

I did not ask too much detail from the guy I bought the bass from as the price was fair (roughly what you sold yours for) regarding the way the bass played.
Now I've lost contact and am searching for details before I sell it.

Edited by claustra