Why become a member? ×

The Bongo finally shows its true colours!

Hutton

At last it has finally happened! :lol:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sh*t-o-Caster-fretless-4-string-bass-/251291077220?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a821d8a64"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sh*t-o-Caster-fretless-4-string-bass-/251291077220?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a821d8a64[/url]

I asked him "Is this toilet seat previously used?" through ebay, and got this response:

[quote][font=arial,sans-serif][size=2]Hi,

No, it's a new and unused for its intended purpose. It may seem a frivolous thing to some but I also share your concerns. In the interest of hygiene I would NOT want to build a bass from a used seat, I have my standards too. Every bass I make is crafted from the best quality, brand new parts I can source, from the Fender licensed necks and hardware to the pickups, body or in this case a toilet seat body (purely for comic effect) even the wiring looms are made by myself in my workshop.

I manage to keep prices low by utilising a minimum finish, It would cost much more if and when I'm asked to paint and/or varnish a bass due to the extra time, materials and effort required for completion.

This particular seat is from a German manufacturer called Wenko (pronounced Venko) and is of a high quality made from bamboo, a hardwood with surprisingly pleasing tonal characteristics. I hope this has put your mind at rest, should you wish to purchase or order one for yourself.

In the meantime, I will have to update my page to reflect your concerns. Thank you for asking this question, and thanks for looking.

kind regards
Craig[/size][/font][/quote]