Why become a member? ×

Back from 'audition'...

Faithless

So, I'm back :huh: 01:30 AM with a bit hurting head but happy.

After a lotta thinking, doubts and sh1te yesterday I gave a message to band's leader, aaaand, today, I got a call with invitation for me and my guitar ( oh yes..) to their nice little studio....
...Btw, it was stated that I'll have to 'play somethin'... I thought 'holy crap, what the hell will I show???'... Believe me, Metallica's stuff is OK to listen when playing altogether, but not only-bass-parts.. So, took a piece of Dream Theater's Constant Motion - sat for about 4 hours and 'made' intro part[20 percent slower, btw...]... :)

Finally, I didn't need it at all - guy simply checked how fast [or slow...] I do 'get' by showing a few parts of their songs, and I was pretty fast at that, so he was very happy about stuff.

Then the drummer came and we played Enter Sandman and finally, a little jam and a piece of Guns'Roses - Word Up just to check how tight I'm with drums. He gave me a few notes, but was happy about tightness too.

At last, we talked about thingies, like occupation, what-about-doing-next and where [university studies..], dedication. Everything ended by sausages and beer :huh:

Before long, also gotta do about 25 cover songs, and start taking their original stuff, as we're having a gig on July 19th [my other band is also playin' there... :huh: ], so a loooota work waitin' out there.

But I'm happy.
I got to say this,
Sorry,

Faith :huh:

P.S. check out their Myspace! - [url="http://www.myspace.com/soundinjected"]http://www.myspace.com/soundinjected[/url]

Edited by Faithless

Well done on your new gig!! Sausages and beer you can't beat that..yummmmy!! We've got a pub near to where I live that does excellent in house home made sausages. In fact that's where I was last night!! Well done once again and good luck for the future :)

Kind of, really :)

Yeah, ya got that right - a show after show at the same night, on the same stage.
You know, it's kinda normal thing in Lithuania, cuz players', especially, those, who are 'worth' somethin', market is quite narrow, so people are doin' different things all over different places.. No, I'm not talking like I AM worth anything serious :huh: but I got a bunch of friends working just like that..

Oh god, as I am writing this, drummer's asking to help him in sorta project - he says he 'has' really good female vocalist, and quite an experienced g*1tarist. The only thing unknown for now - what da f@ck it's gonna be...

Uh, quite an 'musicalophilic' summer awaits, I think...

Edited by Faithless