Why become a member? ×

eBay is weird

Truckstop

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1369215779' post='2086304']
I was once bidding for a DJ mixer, I put a bid in for £70 which was more than fair, it ended up selling for £120.
you could but it from turnkey £135 delivered brand new......?!?
I stopped bidding for items after that.
[/quote]
I was watching a used bass recently and it ended going for £40 (+ £20 postage) more than you could buy a new one new at numerous UK retailers post free! I can only think that some people get carried away with the bidding process.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1369220666' post='2086395']
You can block any bidder.
[/quote]

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181272-blocking-problem-ebayers/

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1369219774' post='2086374']
Totally disagree - bargains are entirely findable
[/quote]

And if you find bargains habitually, some bellend might travel round various forums cussing you out, as I've found.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1369219774' post='2086374']
Totally disagree - bargains are entirely findable
[/quote]

Sigh...
when I mean can't afford, I really mean can't afford, I have stuff for 3 or 4 quid on my watch list so I can come back to it after payday, or next payday, or whenever I don't have to fork out all my money on electric/food/rent etc.
Different world for some people innit?

I apologise to anyone I upset, I didn't mean that I do nothing else .. Or that its a hobby/business

I just meant that if you are patient, and use the searches someone will list something you want for a low start price that you can win for not much

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1369209417' post='2086194']
I cannot understand the dumb people who watch a fixed price item until it ends.

[/quote]

I do this, especially with something I'm in two minds about. Sellers sometimes reduce their 'fixed' price, which may move something from a 'might buy' to 'will buy' status for me. Doesn't seem like a dumb thing to me.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1369223405' post='2086457']
You can. But only once you've been stung

I wanted to stop other people being stung too.
[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369221983' post='2086425']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181272-blocking-problem-ebayers/"]http://basschat.co.u...roblem-ebayers/[/url]
[/quote]

[quote name='jonsmith' timestamp='1369226268' post='2086527']
I do this, especially with something I'm in two minds about. Sellers sometimes reduce their 'fixed' price, which may move something from a 'might buy' to 'will buy' status for me. Doesn't seem like a dumb thing to me.
[/quote]
I also do this. A guitar i rather fancied a couple of years ago was listed at £500 didn't sell and went down £50 every time it was relisted until it reached the sort of price i thought was too good to miss. So yes it is worth doing!

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1369211109' post='2086216']
I will put a watch on a fixed-price item so that it gets sent to my list of items that I'm thinking about buying, so everything's in one place. That's all.
[/quote]

And if you watch it an item, you get to see if it sold and at what price. Helps you build up an idea of what the going price for such an item might be, for future reference.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1369227549' post='2086560']
I also do this. A guitar i rather fancied a couple of years ago was listed at £500 didn't sell and went down £50 every time it was relisted until it reached the sort of price i thought was too good to miss. So yes it is worth doing!
[/quote]

Yep, This is how I got my DBS7400.

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1369228448' post='2086575']
And if you watch it an item, you get to see if it sold and at what price. Helps you build up an idea of what the going price for such an item might be, for future reference.
[/quote]

Useful if doing a completed item search is beyond you.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369236366' post='2086725']
Useful if doing a completed item search is beyond you.
[/quote]

Never heard of such a thing, and I don't need to use it because I just stick them on my watch list!!!!
After all it is called a "watch list" not an "I intend to bid list".

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1369249418' post='2086955']
Never heard of such a thing, and I don't need to use it because I just stick them on my watch list!!!!
After all it is called a "watch list" not an "I intend to bid list".
[/quote]
You may not have heard of it but it's another useful tool in the wonderful world of ebay that's worth using.

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1369248755' post='2086946']
The time period avavilable now for viewing completed listings has been reduced from 90 days to 30 days.
[/quote]

Completed listings stay up for months though, seemingly at random. Sometimes I look them up to copy/paste my text, stuff from last year still comes up, other stuff disappears.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1369251204' post='2086975']
You may not have heard of it but it's another useful tool in the wonderful world of ebay that's worth using.
[/quote]
And I'm sure I will now I know about it (but I'll still use the watch list to observe as well)