Why become a member? ×

Music Scores

Myke

Hello :)

I was wondering if anybody has any music scores on pdf as I love musicals and I want to practice sight reading a bit. Double Whammy really.

I have:

Hairspray
We Will Rock You
West Side Story
Rocky Horror Show

If anybody would like these just Pm me and please keep 'em coming!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Move as applicable :P

Edited by Myke

Can I just add that it's quite possible that these will be illegal copies that someone has scanned to pdf of the MTI scores which are available via licensed rent in hard copy form from MTI, who might not take too kindly to public sharing of their property. Be careful!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1368689558' post='2080120']
Can I just add that it's quite possible that these will be illegal copies that someone has scanned to pdf of the MTI scores which are available via licensed rent in hard copy form from MTI, who might not take too kindly to public sharing of their property. Be careful!
[/quote]

This is a very good point.
I have 14/15 dep Bass pads left over from past pro shows i have done.
I was going to offer them up because of the real life changes and accurate parts you are faced with in the heat of battle.
But after speaking to one of the arrangers yesterday, he prefered i did not post up one of his shows.

So be careful where you get the scores/pads from. Or at least discuss via PM first.

Garry

I don't have scores from shows, but I do have some short "tunes" that can be played and sound like real pieces when played in solo:

Amazing Grace
Star Spangled Banner
La_Marseillaise - French National Anthem
Silent Night

Ok it's basic stuff, but some may find it more interesting than dry "learn to read" books. They'real so out of copyright

quite an assortment in[url="http://www.free-scores.com/free-sheet-music.php?ordrepar=ecoute_human&CATEGORIE=20&genre=&compo=&compositeur=&alpha=&instru=Array&divers=&niveau=&ordre=&search=&playalong=&statut=&type_oeuvre=&artist=&liste_concours=&interpreted=&secteur_concours=&partition_centrale=&searchexact=Electric+Bass"] here[/url] for some sight reading practice

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1368693944' post='2080175']
Garry
[/quote]

nice soundcloud !

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1368689558' post='2080120']
[/quote]

This did not occur to me. Thank you :)

So to the powers that be, if this is true please zap this page into oblivion, if necessary :)