Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS60B

Mudpup

It's not available in the UK yet as far as I know, there is a whole thread about it here with a review by Dood though :)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/197805-looks-like-were-getting-the-single-pedal-b3-after-all/page__fromsearch__1

Beat me to it Rumple!

Yup, I do indeed have one - they should be available to the market very soon! Most of what I think of it are in the other thread but happy to answer any questions! It's still great! I think I might try running it in the loop of my EBS Sheehan Drive pedal!

I ordered one from here:

[url="http://www.woodbrass.com/en/product_info.php?products_id=150683"]http://www.woodbrass.com/en/product_info.php?products_id=150683[/url]

Seems a little cheaper than the English outlet about £95 or so posted from France.

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1368555759' post='2078542']
Had a feeling they were about due.

Good review Dood but you missed out the bit that i was interested in................ What are the amp models like?

Ta
[/quote]

The amp models are pretty good yes!! I'd advise using the presets as a guide then making your own instead to suit your gear, but I love the page where you can select additional parameters like cabinet type too! For example, choose the Ampeg sim and you have access to the Ultra Low and Ultra High settings usually found on their amp heads - or the Hartke Sim you get access to the Tube channel preshape settings. Clever, simple, works.

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1368594634' post='2078909']
I think they'll be the same as on the B3 just fewer. If so - awesome!
[/quote]

yup, same algorithms as the B3 I understand.

[quote name='OldBassMan' timestamp='1369240882' post='2086795']
Just got mine and started playing. I am a novice but this seems to be a great item...takes some practice but awesome sound
[/quote]

TIP: have a look for the 'Mix' setting if you find a sound that's a bit on the weak side, most/some of the effects are factory set at a 50% of effect and straight tone with no effect I believe.

Have fun :)

Hey Peter, well, they are two different beasts! They share so much but I guess you have to look at them both differently. The B3 allows you access to three stomp boxes/sims at a time that you can access very quickly along with the drum machine, looper and tuner. The MS is for thise with less pedal board space, obviously. The MS uses a different method for switching through patches as I've explained in the video that could be preferable to that of the MS. I've had both for a while now and it's actually fun having both on one pedal board - but, i think I might take the B3 off and use for smaller dep gigs but keep the MS on my main board.
i cant really tell you which I prefer to be honest - the B3 is brilliant as it is crammed with so much - the looper, drum machine, recording interface/sound card and extra effects over the MS makes it feature rich so wins in that respect, but... The MS is just brilliant. Getting all of those effects in a single pedal space must be a feat of engineering. Yes there's one or two things I would have liked in my 'dream version' of the pedal but I don't think they'd have any more room for a MIDI socket!

To sum up, I'd say if you don't like messing with key presses and want to keep things simple, then the B3 will be the easiest to access sets of three pedals. However, if you are after either a single stompbox effect at a time, or want to be able to switch on or off a whole chain at a time with one button press, the MS is superb. (Ideal if you want a distorted synth sound with EQ and chorus on for a section of a song! Deeper Underground maybe?)

Thanks Dood.

I'm presently using a Polytune, Darkglass (with EQ) and a Seymour Duncan Doubleback compressor. The Darkglass isn't getting used to a great deal of effect to be honest either. I'd like to add some chorus but prefer to be minimalist with a board.

Am I right in understanding that the B3 can create up to 3 simultaneous effects (including amp sim and compressor) and the MS 4?

I'm leaning towards the MS :)

Edited to add, I've ordered a B3 - lol

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing