Why become a member? ×

Advice Needed......shop bought returns

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1366753526' post='2057028']
Sorry, I forgot the :) .
[/quote]

No, I'm sorry. Having just got back from rehearsal I read it back and got it straight away. Apologies, its been a long and stressful day!

I also found out at rehearsal tonight that my shoulder has been partially dislocated, most probably for the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately it happens quite often to one or the other, so much so that I don't even recognise it a lot of the time anymore, I just know I feel really rough & sore. When I was seeing the consultant last year I told him that it felt like like my shoulders kept popping out of their sockets and he said "that's because they are". Not what you want to hear! It's now back in so I may give the bass a day or so to see if it makes any difference (I'm not optimistic); if not then it'll be up for grabs.

Thanks again for the input everyone. Internet shopping eh? In my day it were Woolworths or nowt......

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1366756568' post='2057091']
I think that the shop are being a bit unfair especially after having a chat with Tim about your problems. I wish you all the best.
[/quote]

Thanks. It's not Tim's fault, or the shop's per se. The way it was explained to me, in simple terms, if that the way that a shop bought bass is logged against the buyer means that they have to take it back as a used item if they take it back and therefore have to sell it as such. It's different for distance buying. So their hands are tied, effectively.

Of course I didn't know this; the only stuff I tend to buy off the internet (other than ebay) are books and the occasional cd/dvd, and I can't remember the last time I returned something to a shop or otherwise, unless it was faulty. Even then I think I've returned about 4 items in my life!

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1366819493' post='2057648']
4004's are simply awesome basses - and from the comments here, obviously appeal to 'non-Ric' people as well.

The tone is amazing - like a 4003 on steroids! :lol:

[size=4]Gorgeous MG BTW....[/size]
[/quote]

Yes, big, big sounding basses. I'm just gutted about this one because in all other ways it's absolutely awesome. The neck is just sublime.

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1366738693' post='2056687']
:blink: Er, have you read any of my posts? It's working perfectly. Because of specific medical problems I have I'm struggling with the ergonomics (i.e. shape and contouring) , not the electronics. :lol:

That's got to be a possible contender for most random post ever... :unsure:
[/quote]

:lol:

I think he means are you SURE everything is working ok? Nudge nudge, wink wink :lol:

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1366820082' post='2057659']
The way it was explained to me, in simple terms, if that the way that a shop bought bass is logged against the buyer means that they have to take it back as a used item if they take it back and therefore have to sell it as such. It's different for distance buying. So their hands are tied, effectively.
[/quote]

So how do they cope if they sell a bass via eBay?

I think they're spinning you a line mate.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1366821871' post='2057710']
So how do they cope if they sell a bass via eBay?

I think they're spinning you a line mate.
[/quote]

I believe it's accounted for differently (they said so and a couple of people here have suggested the same), which makes the difference. I don't think it's logged to the buyer at the point either. Everything they said to me made sense at the time, although I'm probably not repeating it very well.

They might be spinning me a line, but I didn't get that impression. Without making a very large issue of it I guess I'll never know.