Why become a member? ×

Peggy Lee-Fever and any other suggestions please.

Is it OK to like learning this one? I know its in the Moondance category which is also in our set but I think its a better song?
So far our set is a right mixture and although I am sure the usual BC members would slate it in general discussion we already know how well it goes down at the gig so the punters win IMO :D

We have a random list of songs and so far the upright ones are;
The Police- Roxanne and Every Little Thing She Does,
The Cure-Love Cats
Moondance!
Peggy Lee- Fever (work in progress for practice this week)

I also do these on either elec or upright
Paloma Faith- Upside Down
Amy Winehouse- Valerie
House Martins- Happy Hour
Dolly Parton- 9-5

9 songs on the upright in the set is probably more than enough anyway but I could swap things around if I had a few more, any suggestions of known songs that either are upright style songs or can work on either? Amazingly the rest of the set takes us from Kelly Clarkson's Since you been gone right through to Blondie, Bruno Mars, Fleetwood Mac and the usual Kings of Leon and the Killers etc!

Love Potion Number 9 (take your choice of versions), any early Cash, Just can't get enough (Depeche Mode).

If you think your set list is eclectic you should see the twenty-four songs we're working on with the ukelele group (five of your songs are on the list).

Have fun

Steve

[quote name='oggiesnr' timestamp='1366568298' post='2054225']
Love Potion Number 9 (take your choice of versions), any early Cash, Just can't get enough (Depeche Mode).

If you think your set list is eclectic you should see the twenty-four songs we're working on with the ukelele group (five of your songs are on the list).

Have fun

Steve
[/quote]
Thanks I will have a listen :)

Couple of Brubeck numbers?

Take 5
Unsquare dance is even better. Definite winners on EUB/DB.

I've mentioned these in particular because 1) they're instrumental and 2) they're both in odd metres, 5/4 and 7/8 respectively.

One band I was in ( arguably the best ) made sure that we had no songs in the same time sig OR key next to each other in the set. Damn good idea. Makes your set feel more wide-ranging. Even if it isn't.
Given that they're instrumental, they may give your frontman a much-needed rest....

Edited for evil spell-check. "Metres", my arse...
Meters was what I typed!

Edited by Lfalex v1.1