Why become a member? ×

Glowing speaker..

Stroopy121

Playing a gig last night, one of the bands has a pretty loud, snarling bass setup - playing a precision through a couple of pedals including an ODB and a Blackstar valve preamp pedal, into a Warick amp through an ashdown 410.

He must've been riding the amp pretty hard as when he played, a white glow started to show up around the top two speakers! Never seen anything like it before! He brought the volume down after that and all returned to normal - anyone have any idea what on earth was happening??

xx

The older David Eden 10" cabs had them too, don't know about the new ones...Yeah looked true Bad-ass back in the day when a host of 4 x 10s all flashed a 'halo' of light at once. Even if it was not really a good thing to allow your cabs to be doing.

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1365753858' post='2043810']
Well colour me educated, I had no idea. Looked badass though, I'm considering opening up my cab and installing some blubs and LEDs to have the same effect!

xx
[/quote]

You could use colour changing bulbs so the strength of the signal changes the colour. That would be cool. :)