Why become a member? ×

April/May Mix Competition - VOTING COMPLETE!

51m0n

Right am going to make the mixes available now - if I didnt get yours up there, sorry, I've done my best....

The is:-

https://soundcloud.com/bc-mix-competitions/sets/mix-j/s-o2vko

Which I will also put in the OP with the poll.

Enjoy!

Superb, well done Si! Sterling effort mate... especially as you had to upload 12 mixes this month.

I think I can speak for everyone here by saying a massive CHEERS for sorting this out!! :)

PS: did some of the entries not get uploaded because of the SoundCloud issues you mentioned previously?

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1368788715' post='2081469']
Superb, well done Si! Sterling effort mate... especially as you had to upload 12 mixes this month.

I think I can speak for everyone here by saying a massive CHEERS for sorting this out!! :)
[/quote]

Yup, Cheers again mate for running this, I've enjoyed it, it's given me something to do :D Looking forward to the next one.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1368788715' post='2081469']
[/quote]

absolutely! I'll check them out and vote over the weekend

I hope mine made it and wasn't one of the loud ones - I did my best with the K Metering!

I don't know why but Mix C won't play for me.....all the others do though...and this month it is surprisingly difficult to identify mine!!

Edit: Got Mix c to play now.....:)

Edited by Twigman

Thats all the mixes I've been sent as far as I know, we had some fun and games with a few of the last ones not being wavs, and a couple of my downloadcs went wonky too.

And I was doing it from home with normalk broadband, whlst working from home over a VPN, so I had to throttle the uploads right down or I wouldnt get a usable dektop connection to work.

Utter nightmare to be honest, took about 2 days to get it all done. This is heading into my really busy time of year (at work) now, so I am not sure I will be able to pout that much effort into the next one, so unless someone else volunteers to do the upload thing it may well have to not be anonymous.

Sorry :(

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1368794354' post='2081596']
I don't know why but Mix C won't play for me.....all the others do though...and this month it is surprisingly difficult to identify mine!!

Edit: Got Mix c to play now..... :)
[/quote]

I know which one yours is :P

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1368795495' post='2081621']This is heading into my really busy time of year (at work) now, so I am not sure I will be able to pout that much effort into the next one, so unless someone else volunteers to do the upload thing it may well have to not be anonymous.

Sorry :(
[/quote]

Thanks again mate. I'm happy to volunteer for the uploading shenanigans next time, unless anyone else has a burning desire to do it?

Looking forward to listening to these mixes over the weekend...

My internet connection runs at a snails pace at the best of times (uploading videos can take several hours in some cases) or I would volunteer to do it.

Why has nobody voted? I thought my one sounded pretty poor next to the others. What's your own favourite, Simon?

Oh now, leading question matey, can't possibly answer that having gone to all the trouble of putting it together anonymously.

But I will say this, currently mine is my favourite one. There are a couple that come close, but for me mine has the best treatment of oiurtfewnfoihvroijnvrnoirv piojoijepiofjiopjer pjpoj pio jpioj ipj piojpojpo j ojkljhde dojhnd.....

... sorry we are breaking up ;)

Any of you who have paid attention to all the mixes so far will almost certainly recognise which one mine is if you listen hard on a decent playback device, some thing about my approach on these comp mixes where I have very limited time tends to make my mixes have a certain iuohnfoerijfoeijf efwpofjerpojerf loih oih ouhouhfewpoijfewpiojfewiojceoinoi fe about them that I think is quite recognisable.

Sorry, terrible line at the moment, something to do with solar activity maybe?

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1368795954' post='2081629']
Thanks again mate. I'm happy to volunteer for the uploading shenanigans next time, unless anyone else has a burning desire to do it?

Looking forward to listening to these mixes over the weekend...
[/quote]
[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1368798812' post='2081684']
I don't mind doing it one month?
[/quote]

Chaps that is definitely appreciated.

You need to know that there is significant time involved in uploading these as wavs from an ADSL connection (however fast it says on the tin, that is the download speed only - the upload speed is typically a tiny fraction of the download speed).

It may be that we have to move to 320kbps mp3s instead :(

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1368802768' post='2081759']
Oh now, leading question matey, can't possibly answer that having gone to all the trouble of putting it together anonymously.

But I will say this, currently mine is my favourite one. There are a couple that come close, but for me mine has the best treatment of oiurtfewnfoihvroijnvrnoirv piojoijepiofjiopjer pjpoj pio jpioj ipj piojpojpo j ojkljhde dojhnd.....

... sorry we are breaking up ;)

Any of you who have paid attention to all the mixes so far will almost certainly recognise which one mine is if you listen hard on a decent playback device, some thing about my approach on these comp mixes where I have very limited time tends to make my mixes have a certain iuohnfoerijfoeijf efwpofjerpojerf loih oih ouhouhfewpoijfewpiojfewiojceoinoi fe about them that I think is quite recognisable.

Sorry, terrible line at the moment, something to do with solar activity maybe?
[/quote]

Ha!

There was one which I thought was a bit too well done, but I don't think that was the one I voted for... (yes it is odd).

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1368799359' post='2081691']

Why has nobody voted?
[/quote]

I won't vote until I've heard them through a decent system.
I can't make judgements while in the office on my crappy logic3 speakers.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1368802869' post='2081762']

Chaps that is definitely appreciated.

You need to know that there is significant time involved in uploading these as wavs from an ADSL connection
[/quote]

No bother. We have a stoopidly fast connection at work and I don't mind them churning away in the background at home when I'm on the 'puter there. But cheers for the warning! ;)

Looks like Tom and I are up for it. I don't mind doing the next one and Tom the one after that? (or vice-versa).

Well that would be awfully good of the two of you.

I really like the anonymous aspect to our version of the mix competition, it levels the playing field a lot I think. But it is a PIA to do if I'm honest, and summer is mad/mental/hectic at work since that is when most of the design, sizing and documentation for the next seasons dev comes in, and thats my job...

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1368803966' post='2081783']Well that would be awfully good of the two of you.[/quote]

No probs.

PS: I've added a gratuitous advert for the competition in my signature. Anyone's welcome to pinch the image (right click & save) and add it to their own... spread the word! :)

Cheers Si,

It must be a PITA , bust I appreciatte the work you put in . I would offer myself but My speeds are dog slow here , and I have had a couple of issues myself with soundcloud seeming to time out , Maybe I could stop late at work sometime , if it comes to it I could probably do it that way , to take a turn .

Is it poor form to vote for your own , I am not sure if it is because I listened to my version sooooooo many times , it feels like the original now, and I always think the original sounds best :lol:

Oh dear, I'm afraid I couldn't even recognise which my mix was... I'm sure that can't be a good sign!
I think the general standard is much higher this month, although it didn't make 40 minutes of listening to the same country track entirely pleasurable...
It seems like the biggest challenge this month has been trying to make the drums sound natural rather the drum pads on and 80's Casio keyboard!
I'll add a hearty 'cheers Si' for organising this shindig; top work. Looking forward to next month already.
A.