Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1800

pierreganseman

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1365594007' post='2041463']
yeh i thought so ...

maybe I am not that dumb/crazy! :D
[/quote]

The shop will have been lazy and done a Google search for details and identified that (fretted) fingerboards are maple or rosewood... not many fretlesses so they likely won't realise that they would be ebony.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1365594504' post='2041471']

The shop will have been lazy and done a Google search for details and identified that (fretted) fingerboards are maple or rosewood... not many fretlesses so they likely won't realise that they would be ebony.
[/quote]

You can be so harsh John :)

I think the shop took this bass in as a part exchange and were told it was rosewood by the owner who'd had it some time.

Generally they wouldn't take something apart that's been bolted together for a long time for fear of woods moving around and unsettling the general feel and action.

I have a feeling they will stand corrected and update their policies in the future :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1365805713' post='2044911']
You can be so harsh John :)

I think the shop took this bass in as a part exchange and were told it was rosewood by the owner who'd had it some time.

Generally they wouldn't take something apart that's been bolted together for a long time for fear of woods moving around and unsettling the general feel and action.

I have a feeling they will stand corrected and update their policies in the future :)
[/quote]

Fair comment. :D

It is a bit lazy not to look at a fingerboard and decide for yourself BUT saying that I'm not doing it commercially (contrary to indicators :lol: ) and I'm sure they have more pressing matters than to check detail that customers give them. ;)