Why become a member? ×

HOW GOOD ARE STINGRAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcus bell

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1366450335' post='2052704']
I think it's just to see what a real one is like... But in deifnately going to modify my sub series myself with a status neck, east mmsr 2 band pre and some sort of alnico pickup :)
[/quote]

Find the type you want. Pre-EB basses have a wonderfully slim (front to back) neck, are fairly heavy and sound like a proper Stingray but have only bass and treble controls. Recent MM basses seem to be very heavy and have a much thicker neck but can offer the 3 band eq - good for me, others don't like them as much as the 2 band. In between these the basses seem to be, well in between, not so heavy and with a neck between the two. This last group may be the best value.

That 82 is sweet, pickguard off, instant AC/DC! lol if you are looking to spend that sort of money, keep an eye out for the classics they do come up for sale (one on here last week iirc mint green) as you get the best of both worlds, slimmer neck, classic look 2eq, but with improvements, better hardware, roasted/flamed necks and most important 6 bolt neck very strong, tried a few and they are very very nice Stingrays.

• 3 weeks later...