Why become a member? ×

April Composition Competition

charic

Just updated my effort with some (very average to say the least) vocals and a bit of a restructure, could you link to this one please Charic? thanks

edit: changed to
[url="https://soundcloud.com/stevemcevoy/the-hives-of-industry-v6"]https://soundcloud.com/stevemcevoy/the-hives-of-industry-v6[/url]

Edited by steve

Nice one guys - can I put in a small request that when the voting is open that someone posts this in the 'General Discussion' thread please? Also to widen the reach bunging up a link up on the BC Facebook page and Twitter feed would also be good - and, lastly - would it be cool to pin the voting thread at the top of Recordings just for the duration of the voting period?

I think the effort that goes into this every month really needs a bit more recognition and surely if more people hear the tracks the more likely they are to vote... it's massively to BC's credit that a bunch of its members can pull together 30-or-so minutes of original music every month... I'm impressed anyway!

Hope that's all cool

Mike

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1366759357' post='2057121']
In all seriousness though , will the entries suffer when mundane sh*t like the garden, and outside chores, and making hay etc while the sun is shining , and golf (WTF) but hey , and riding a bike , and summer in general tempts the musos out side ?
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]Will try and get to listening soon, but have been hit with a spate of dep gigs, that require me to spend most of my free time learning songs for earning money. [/size]
[size=4]Also just got reaper, and am havnig to relearn everything I thought i knew, so recording, once I am back into it, will be a long and painful process. [/size]
[size=4]And I'm moving house in July, so will have to pull the studio apart.[/size]
[size=4]Expect absolutely nothing from me in the next few months.[/size]
[size=4]:)[/size]

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1366817305' post='2057603']
Nice one guys - can I put in a small request that when the voting is open that someone posts this in the 'General Discussion' thread please? Also to widen the reach bunging up a link up on the BC Facebook page and Twitter feed would also be good - and, lastly - would it be cool to pin the voting thread at the top of Recordings just for the duration of the voting period?

I think the effort that goes into this every month really needs a bit more recognition and surely if more people hear the tracks the more likely they are to vote... it's massively to BC's credit that a bunch of its members can pull together 30-or-so minutes of original music every month... I'm impressed anyway!

Hope that's all cool

Mike
[/quote]

well said Mike

+1 to Mike's suggestions above. Pinning the thread in BLOCK CAPS would help to shout about it when the voting is on. I know Silvia always does a sterling job of Tweeting about it, but a mention on BC Facebook would be great too.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1366817506' post='2057608']I'm moving house in July, so will have to pull the studio apart.[/quote]
,,,got that on the cards myself sometime this year mate! It's going to be hell - lots of stuff to sift through and send off to charity shops / local tip over the coming weeks in preparation. Already stashed my record collection with relatives, so that's the Crown Jewels taken care of ;)

PS: will catch up with listening to recent entries ASAP...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1366840729' post='2058070']+1 to Mike's suggestions above. Pinning the thread in BLOCK CAPS would help to shout about it when the voting is on. I know Silvia always does a sterling job of Tweeting about it, but a mention on BC Facebook would be great too.[/quote]

... would also help if we could get the voting thread up. Err, Rick?? :P :D

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1366904923' post='2058868']
So i am not in the voting then ? :lol:

Oh well.....

Garry
[/quote]

Sorry about that... I kept getting something strange popping up saying "Awesomeness Overload" whenever I entered it... I logged onto the servers and raised their awesomeness tolerance, should be working now :D