Why become a member? ×

Good evening from Scotland

BandGeekBarclay

Hi, I'm BandGeekBarclay - late teens, Scotland. Bassist for 4 years, currently running a Harley Benton (Thomann) bass, a Vintage bubinga wood fretless bass, a Zoom multi effects pedal and a crap little 20W practice amp.

I also play keys and piano, as well as bass trombone and assorted percussion.

Not currently playing in a band due to there being none in need of me in my area, and not actively searching because of exams.

Trying to get better at funk, but it's slow going.

Looking forward to my time here guys :P

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1365368801' post='2038743']
Hi BGB,

Welcome!

What do you think of the HB bass?

Enjoy your stay!

best,
bert
[/quote]

I actually really like the HB bass...it was my first so maybe I'm a bit biased, but compared to a few instruments I've played it's really, really nice, after I got it set up properly (action lowered a bit, truss rod adjusted to straighten the neck a tad because I didn't fancy messing about with it myself) and it sounds surprisingly nice through a big amp...It's also worth almost nothing so I probably won't bother selling it and if I convince someone to let me teach them, I could loan it, and if it gets stolen I'll be gutted but not out of pocket by a lot...

Having said that, I think I probably got lucky with the quality of it and it can't quite compare to a nice Fender P-bass...

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1365373051' post='2038824']
Welcome Band geek,

where aboots are ye fae? Late teen's Scotland? I've been here all my life and I've never heard of it!
There's always time for a band so get on with it.

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]

A town not far fae Glasgow, and I would if I could - but exams and my brass band are swallowing my time like there's really no tomorrow! And the lack o bands nearby is crippling me cuz I can't drive and I also need a new, (more) powerful amp than my baby practice amp :P

• 2 weeks later...